visual voicemail recommendations?

jedidroid

Reaction score
I tried youmail and it seemed to work pretty good. one major problem was that the app would only play my messages back over the speaker phone. I tried fix it in the options but no matter what setting I set up, it only would play via speakerphone.

I'm not even sure why they would even have speakerphone as an option, who wants everyone to hear their messages?
anyone else have this problem with youmail?

any other suggestions other than the verizon one that we have to pay for?

mchoffa

Reaction score
i set up google voice to work with mine and my wife's... my only gripe was that it didn't play over speaker.. i hit the play button then I have to hold it to my ear... for some reason I keep expecting to hear it out loud, but I guess in reality I'd rather not have it play so that everyone else hears it!

godanigo

Reaction score
i set up google voice to work with mine and my wife's... my only gripe was that it didn't play over speaker.. i hit the play button then I have to hold it to my ear... for some reason I keep expecting to hear it out loud, but I guess in reality I'd rather not have it play so that everyone else hears it!

If you go into GV settings you can change whether it comes out through the speaker or the ear business.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score

+1 on Google Voice. It works great for me!

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I may download both and choose.
I didn't get the part about the invite. What's that about?

naman919

Reaction score
I need an alternative to YouMail as well. I'd like to keep youmail as the service but is there another app that will pull from their server?

Blackberry Used to have several programs that would sync with YouMail.

The program still only plays over speaker.

Reaction score
It's a problem with our phones. Android has made it to where 3rd party software can't use the earpiece anymore. All apps are not apparently restricted to using the speaker, bluetooth, or wired headset.

YouMail - Help Center

vm2001

Reaction score
Have you guys tried to use the email with the mp3 attachment from youmail? thats how i check my messages. I have been using youmail for a long time now and never actually used their or a 3rd party app just used the email option. I have a separate gmail account that is setup on sync and i get my voice mails instantly almost. I honestly have not tried to play the voice mail via headset since the droid defaults to speaker as if you where playing a song but im going to try it now after reading this post. But anyway if you guys figure out a way to have the stock media player from your phone play music or the mp3 attachment via headset or Bluetooth then maybe you can skip their app all together, don't know works for me so far.
hope this helps.
cheers.
ok correction. i just tried to play a song via headset and there doesnt seem to be an option for it , which kinda disapointed me a bit but anyway if someone figurs out a way to do this please share

Last edited: