verizon app pak and visual voicemail

Ziggie

Reaction score
Verizon is running a promotion called the app pak. It contains VZ navigator, NFL mobile, and visual voicemail among some other stuff for $12.99 a month.

I know Google maps and YouMail are totally free options.

My question is: is there a Verizon visual voicemail app for the Droid bionic? I can't download one from the Google play store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

deduct

Reaction score
I use pf voicemail +. Works great and it's free.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

OP
Z

Ziggie

Reaction score
aaf709:

Thanks for your reply and sugestion. I tried your link. It takes me to a webpage and then there is a link to the Google Play store. Once I get there, the store says the visual voicemail app is not compatible with my phone.

I have a rooted Bionic running .902.

Anyone have any thoughts?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Odd. Well, I suggest Google Voice. As I said, it's free (and no monthly fee) and has lots more options if you port your phone over to them.

deduct

Reaction score
I would like to use google voice. However, every time I try to use it, it fails at identifying my phone number???

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to use google voice. However, every time I try to use it, it fails at identifying my phone number???

Maybe you need to set it up again on the Google Voice website.

deduct

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
Maybe you need to set it up again on the Google Voice website.

I will give that a try. Thanks

OP
Z

Ziggie

Reaction score
I understand that Google voice is great and YouMail is free.

Does anyone actually know anything about Verizon's visual voicemail?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Visual Voicemail when I had my Voyager, but when I got my Google Voice account I didn't use it when I got my OG Droid. With Google Voice I get emails of missed calles with a text version (funny at times) and the voice message. I can access it on the web so that was all I needed.

You can see some of the features of Visual Voicemail at http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/calling_features/visual_voice_mail.html

Jettaguy2003

Reaction score
I have the VZ Visual VM program, the only way it works is paying $2.99 for the service. Even if you d/l the app, it won't work without the server-side being activated. It works really well, and you can d/l the vm as mp3 files.

OP
Z

Ziggie

Reaction score
I have a rooted bionic running 902. I purchased visual voicemail from Verizon. I just can't get the app. Further, now my Verizon voicemail does not indicate that there is a new message unless I hit refresh. Both problems are highly annoying.