Visual Voicemail not working after root

godsmackthis

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid2 for the first time and installed the "monster" gb rom. Since I've done this I cannot get any of my Voicemail via visual voicemail. Every time I select any voice mail I get "Voicemail not downloaded properly." Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
What visual voicemail program are you using? Verizon's or the prog that comes installed on D2G?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
Sorry wrong forum :) though I was in D2G good luck!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
G

godsmackthis

Reaction score
Its Verizon visual Voicemail stock program. Searched the market and its not there any more.

malicious_a

Reaction score
I have the same thing happening to me. I think some of the xml files got corrupted during install. trying to figure out a way to make it work.

xxxtncxxx

Reaction score
Are you able to download and install the "Verizon Visual Voice mail" prog? If so do that and just make that your default VM service. I hate the default VVM that comes on the D2G i assume its the same one on yours, Verizon VVM prog is much better that the one the phone comes with. If you are on a stock ROM you may not be able to install it though, it wouldn't let me install it until i custom Rom's my phone.

malicious_a

Reaction score
stock rom absolutely will not let you install VVM from the market. Even if you rename vvm.apk so the app does a device specific check. I prefer the stock VVM app instead of the one from the market anyway. even better though, YouMail seems to be a good alternative. Custom greetings FTW.

louy99

Reaction score
I use Google voice.