Voicemail issues

ajwebb23

Reaction score
When someone calls my phone the voicemail never picks up. It will ring a few times then it says 'welcome to Verizon wireless your feature update could not be completed as dialed..' instead of the leave a voicemail message.
When I dial *86 from my phone, the phone rings 3 times then I get the same message.

I can answer and call normally but there is no option to leave a voicemail.

I have the visual voicemail but I signed up for it this afternoon after the problems started and it still showed all of the voicemails that I hadn't deleted so it is connected to the mailbox. I wasn't aware of a problem until a friend who called this morning told me she couldn't leave a message for me.

I tried to call Verizons tech support but they were no help at all and didn't seem to have a clue about much of anything.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's a problem VZW has to fix.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

ajwebb23

Reaction score
Any idea on how they would fix it because the 2 people I talked to today didn't have any idea on what to do.

All they kept telling me was to dial *86 and reset it.

davetv77

Reaction score
Check the number that your voicemail is being forwarded to. When there is no answer your phone will forward to a number. Make sure it is your voicemail number and not another number. The number it is forwarded to sounds like a bad or disconnected number and that's why you get that message

OP
A

ajwebb23

Reaction score
How do I check the number? I looked for the setting earlier for it but I didn't find it.

Check the number that your voicemail is being forwarded to. When there is no answer your phone will forward to a number. Make sure it is your voicemail number and not another number. The number it is forwarded to sounds like a bad or disconnected number and that's why you get that message

OP
A

ajwebb23

Reaction score
I figured it out. I never found the number but I called *73 and it stoped call fowarding and when I dialed *86 it went to the voicemail.