Visual Voice Mail stops playing messsage at Screen Timeout

warmlion

Reaction score
Have searched for a solution to this problem with my :motdroidvert: and can't find anything. I'm currently using the Visual Voice Mail from Verizon. I like to set my screen timeout at 30 seconds for improved battery life. The problem is, when listening to a VM longer than 30 seconds, unless I do something to keep the screen active, when it times out the VM stops playing. I don't understand why the screen would time out while actively playing a message. That said, looking any solutions to avoid this, short of just setting the screen time out to a longer setting. Thank you.

xliderider

Reaction score
Get the app called Screebl Lite, it will keep your phone screen from timing out as long as you are holding the phone in the recognized orientation. You can then set the backlight to timeout for the minimum 15 seconds and the backlight will never timeout agan while you are holding the phone.

stragabenz

Reaction score
or you can use one of my favorite apps called Screen On that will let you choose specific apps that you want the screen to stay on until you exit out. This my favorite app when reading emails, web surfing, texting, etc.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Have searched for a solution to this problem with my :motdroidvert: and can't find anything. I'm currently using the Visual Voice Mail from Verizon. I like to set my screen timeout at 30 seconds for improved battery life. The problem is, when listening to a VM longer than 30 seconds, unless I do something to keep the screen active, when it times out the VM stops playing. I don't understand why the screen would time out while actively playing a message. That said, looking any solutions to avoid this, short of just setting the screen time out to a longer setting. Thank you.

Or you can get google voice and not have to pay for visual voice mail..