Visual Ringtones and Call Alerts

jared1337

Reaction score
Ok, I just switched to the Motorola Droid from my Motoroa Krave ZN4 and I only have 1 complaint. There is no visual call alerts when someone calls. On my krave I could go into Ring Tones and Alerts and set ip up so that it would display some cool animation while someone was calling. Is there an app for the motorola droid like this? I just want an alert/notification that displays some cool animations when someone is calling. I dont care about sound just the visual stuff. Hopefully someone here knows what im talking about. I just found out from youtube that its called a video ringtone or animated ringtone. If you watch this youtube video, you will know exactly what im talking about.

[video=youtube;oYf86LE9E3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYf86LE9E3A&feature=related[/video]

tsherard

Reaction score
missed reminder

the only thing that you have is a a verizon logo at the top of the screen. I down loaded miss reminder works great you can customize your missed call to be whatever you want. you would think a phone that does so much would have this capsbility on its own. However i have been very pleased with my phone hope this helps.:icon_ banana:

OP
J

jared1337

Reaction score
Did you watch the video I posted though so you know what im talking about? I want the animation/video ringtone while someone is calling, not after the call when its a missed call or does Miss Reminder do that? Please let me know, Thanks.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Hmm, this seems to be a verizon custom app. Maybe someone will develop an addon for the phone application so we can get some cool effects like you had before. To my knowledge, however, there isn't an app that does this at the moment.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Can you assign a video as a Picture Contact? Of course you would then have to assign it to each contact, but then you could also change it for each one.