viewing photos in gallery

jnyce

Reaction score
I am having trouble manually advancing through photos in gallery app. When each photo displays, the words "set as" "share" and "delete" are displayed briefly, right on the photo. I want to be able to quickly advance through a gallery without seeing these icons on each image. Is there a way to change this setting?
Thanks so much!

OP
J

jnyce

Reaction score
To answer my own question:
Download OI file manager free app and picture viewer app. Browse your photos you want to open then open with Picture viewer and set as default. Works like a charm.

PatG

Reaction score
I like to download some pictures to the Droid; use it as a photo album. What's the resolution I need to re-size the pictures as so they take up the full screen on the Droid?

n0cturne74

Reaction score
It should auto-adjust any size photo to fit on your screen properly. Vertical pictures will probably not be full screen landscape because they weren't taken in landscape mode.

PatG

Reaction score
OK, but like to down-size a lot of pictures to save space. No need to download pictures taken from a 5 mega pixel camera. I guess I'll try 1024 by 768.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
Ok I understand what you're saying. That size should be fine or even smaller would work. I saved some pics from my wife's myspace page and they look ok at that size.

JackMe

Reaction score
Full Screen Display

The correct aspect ratio is the key element to have your photographs fill the screen edge-to-edge, no letter boxing, no black margins. You’ll want to use: 480(w) x 809(h) pixels for vertical pictures and 809(w) x 480(h) horizontal - at 72 DPI (this will save you maximum space without loss of quality). You can go with a higher resolution BUT the screen will only produce 72 dpi (maybe a bit more, same as your computer monitor) so you’ll not get more clarity by storing more pixels.

Okay, with that said if you like to zoom your pictures, double the pixels; 960 x 1618 for example, same aspect ratio, double the size (and the storage). Display then zoom with no loss of the original photographic sharpness when in full zoom mode.