Droid Camera Photos - Not viewable in gallery for hours

obeezy

Reaction score
Hello,

I did a search but wasn't able to find an answer to this question. If this is a duplicate, kindly provide the link to the thread. :)

2.1 firmware version

Whenever I take a photo with the camera or FX Camera application, the photos take literally hours before I can view them in the gallery. I'm seeing at least a 2 hour delay on being able to view the photos after saving.

Any ideas/patches?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ive noticed this problem too. Only thing that works for me to fix it is a quick restart

OP
O

obeezy

Reaction score
Thanks Abe, I haven't tried restart yet but I will the next time around. Restarting isn't so "quick" with the droid though. :p

KevinJ

Reaction score
Never noticed this. Just Saturday evening I took some photos with it quick (because I was extremely stupid and forgot my real camera) and I was looking at them right away.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Never noticed this. Just Saturday evening I took some photos with it quick (because I was extremely stupid and forgot my real camera) and I was looking at them right away.

2X - I see this question posted a lot here, but I've never had that problem either.

kepley

Reaction score
Hello,

I did a search but wasn't able to find an answer to this question. If this is a duplicate, kindly provide the link to the thread. :)

2.1 firmware version

Whenever I take a photo with the camera or FX Camera application, the photos take literally hours before I can view them in the gallery. I'm seeing at least a 2 hour delay on being able to view the photos after saving.

Any ideas/patches?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Same for me. I always end up just using the Astro file manager to find newly-taken photos. Pain in the butt workaround though. dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i guess i prolly should throw in i am rooted with bugless beast

bill12690

Reaction score
I have the same issue sometimes too, same on my gf's phone. both on bugless beast.. maybe a bugless beast issue that should posted there..

Womp

Reaction score
Happens here too, however I think it has to do with completely exiting the camera app. I simply use Astro whenever I want to send a pic the fastest anyway from the DCIM directory.

woot505

Reaction score
same thing here, I have almost always had a problem with pics taking a long time to go to gallery and pics sent to me in mms take even longer it seems?????? WHY??? any dev have a answer maybe, I dont, I have tried every thing!! The only way to see them is in astro. Maybe when the new update comes (2.2) this will be a fix in there for this problem, I dont think it is a rom problem, I have tried several roms with the same outcome, delayed pics to gallery!!

Electrodeath0

Reaction score
I have this problem when I use Vignette. But the regular camera apps show up promptly.

naman919

Reaction score
I've noticed this issue for a long time. I'm rooted with DroidMod v1.0.

I just added a shortcut on my homescreen via QuickBoot to restart the phone. 30 seconds later, up and running with photos in the gallery. Considering it took my BlackBerry Tour almost 12 MINUTES to boot, I can handle the Droid's bootup time.

[On a side note, just started using Qik. Love the instant upload feature. Is there an app that instantly uploads pictures?] sorry for the hijack.