Solved Videos Played Through Phone on PC

noobism

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Mini
I've got a Droid Mini, and have taken some videos. When I plug into my PC and follow the drive to the DCIM folder where my photos/videos are stored, after I double click a video to play it (using VLC), where is it saved on my computer? I know it's somewhere because my C:Drive gets smaller each time I open a file, but it's not in my video. Is there a temp folder that I don't see, because I am running out of hard drive space!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's stored on your Phone. temp files should be under %appdata%\vlc but they should go away once VLC is closed. Mine do at least.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mustang is right. Unless you copy or move the video files to your computer, they're not stored on the computer. If you simply double click to play one, you're playing it directly from the phone. There may be some space temporarily taken up on your PC to provide a smooth playback, but even that shouldn't go onto your C drive. If anything, it should be loaded into RAM and then written over when you need that RAM space for other tasks on the PC.

OP
N

noobism

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android Mini
OK thanks guys.