Video Player?

elgordo123

Reaction score
Ok - I just got thing - I copied a video to the SD card. Is there a video player application? If so, I'm an idiot and cant find it!

Neverind - I have to go to Gallery :)

Last edited:

iraparks

Reaction score
gallley states no media, do i need to convert it to a specific file typ and size? sorry if this is redundant

lemm1388

Reaction score
I'm with you I can't figure how to play video wich sucks this screen is too nice to waste on just you tube

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
In the same boat. Can't figure out how to play a video. Hope someone figures this one out as it should be fairly straightforward.

Shouldn't it?

d.leerius

Reaction score
Here are the PLAYABLE FORMATS listed on the Motorola Droid page:

AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

I created a folder on the SD card and imported my videos (MPEG-4) from my iPod Touch Library and it works great.

The movies are available in the Gallery.

I use a Mac, and convert videos using Handbrake (HandBrake).

richie1378

Reaction score
I've tried a couple times already to play vids that I've uploaded to the card with a major problem. First, I created a folder labled videos and uploaded 2 WMA vids to test it out. The videos were present in the Video folders on my phone but once I tried to play them it was very jumbled froze and I had to pull the battery out. I eventually deleted the vids and now I'm hoping for a fix. Has anyone had the same problem?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I discovered by accident that Gallery is where you find all of your media including pictures.

While it plays ipod formatted videos, it seems to have some difficulty with them as they often hesitate.

Things you can do in case you didn't know...

Create folders to keep things sorted. I did this on my SD card.

Video
>Movies
>TV Shows
>Personal

Pictures
>Work
>Family
>Wallpapers
>Cars

Now I get group listings as:
All Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Personal
All Pictures, Work, Family, Wallpapers, Cars

ryanm

Reaction score
Also make sure you unmount your phone. The phone won't read the SD card when mounted.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
gallley states no media, do i need to convert it to a specific file typ and size? sorry if this is redundant

You need to pull down and "un-mount" the SD card by dragging down the upper bar, tapping the "USB connected" pop-up and stop the USB connection. This is called "un-mounting the card, just like you should do with any USB device on a computer.
When mounted, the card is seen as a hard drive on the comp and not available to hte Droid if you don't un-mount it before pulling the plug.

babydaddy

Reaction score
Cant see video

I used handbrake to make an m4v file. plays great on my pc but only audio on Droid. I bought Act1 videoplayer app that sees the file on my sd card but only audio plays :( any suggestions

D

dvdcatalyst

I used handbrake to make an m4v file. plays great on my pc but only audio on Droid. I bought Act1 videoplayer app that sees the file on my sd card but only audio plays :( any suggestions

It has something to do with the settings. I suggest to try a video using the standard iPhone profile first, and once that works start changing a few settings to make better use of the Droid's bigger screensize and capabilities.

Handbrake has been mentioned a LOT of times on these forums, just do a search for the name at the top right.

Here is a thread that might help as well.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/11212-handbrake-settings-droid.html

kreeger1

Reaction score
ok so I put a digital copy i got with a blue ray movie, sent it to my droid, I can see the file in my gallery but when I click to play it I get Sorry, can not play.
Any help? I don't want to waste the digital authorization codes on the rest of my digital copy movies.

Thanks
Erik

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ok so I put a digital copy i got with a blue ray movie, sent it to my droid, I can see the file in my gallery but when I click to play it I get Sorry, can not play.
Any help? I don't want to waste the digital authorization codes on the rest of my digital copy movies.

Thanks
Erik

Digital copies will NOT play on the droid....