Video playback excruciatingly poor

SmegmusMagnus

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Having very aggravating issue(s) with playing videos: They are exceedingly, and maddeningly, grainy; there also tends to be large, bright areas on figures/objects at times which are poorly rendered, even in relation to the general graininess. I have had these phenomena appear w/ the stock player as well as various Media playing apps (am using Arc Media Pro, now); I also have the Zagg (or Sagg?) screen protector that Best Buy sells.

These videos are all ones that I played on my OG w/ none of the problems apparent. I understand that the screen is larger on my Bionic, yet the pixel count/resolution is greater as well, so I wouldn't expect to see these problems.

The video that I shot w/ my Bionic camera also looks crappy; image is very unfocused (though the camera was continually trying to auto-focus) and it just doesn't play well (it is my son running to scare up a bunch of seagulls, but it all appears to be in slow-motion).

These are the only issues that are seriously making me question the wisdom of purchasing this phone; other than these, I love it. However, these two functions are critical to me, and failure to fix them may very well cause me to return my Bionic.

Thank you for any help.

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator