Transfer video

Alster2005

Reaction score
I am having trouble moving video from my droid to my laptop. It will move it but none of my media programs will start to play it. I do mount the droid and then drag the video from my camera file to my desktop. Any suggestions? I am also looking for a good program for my laptop that will work well with my droid, and manage all my music, photos, and videos. I tried double twist and absoulutely hated it. What type of program do you guys use? Thanks Al

SGTiger

Reaction score
I am having trouble moving video from my droid to my laptop. It will move it but none of my media programs will start to play it. I do mount the droid and then drag the video from my camera file to my desktop. Any suggestions? I am also looking for a good program for my laptop that will work well with my droid, and manage all my music, photos, and videos. I tried double twist and absoulutely hated it. What type of program do you guys use? Thanks Al

Videos taken with the Droid's stock camera app are 3GP files. My Windows Media Player will play them, but I may have downloaded a codec for it sometime in the past. You should be able to get the codec here:

Codecs.com :: Guides : An easy way to play 3GP files

I think Quicktime will play it without having to download and install a codec.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont use a music management program. I just dont see the benefit. Then again, I'm also anal about having my music properly organized on my PC, so that makes it easy.

As far as video, have you tried VLC? It's the fix-all for media coded problems.