VIDEO- Note 5 Quick Tip Add Multiple Fingerprints!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best features of the Note 5 is the fingerprint scanner. It allows you to quickly gain access to your phone without having to input a pesky pin or pattern code. For some reason it wasn't super obvious to me that you can add multiple fingerprints. This is great because it means that you can unlock your device whether it is in your right or left hand or whether you are holding your device or it is sitting on top of your desk. You can add up to four fingerprints. You could even add your significant other's print if her or she uses your device regularly.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This was like a first hour change for me. Was annoying that I had to use the same finger so I was looking for the settings and found I could use 4 fingerprints. Made the feature tons better. My wife who has had her S6 Edge for a few months now had no idea you could. She was happy with my find too.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I do this with my i6 Plus. Left handed, right handed makes a huge difference depending on what you are doing.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The S5 has this feature as well. But only 3 different fingerprints....but that's enough for me.