Video Chat on GNex

Anj

Reaction score
I've used skype, worked like a charm with no lag on 4g. Chewed battery though, but that was kind of expected.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I've used skype, worked like a charm with no lag on 4g. Chewed battery though, but that was kind of expected.

What version of Skype are you using, mine doesn't allow for video at all?

Ron W.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
What version of Skype are you using, mine doesn't allow for video at all?

Ron W.

Skype version 2.6.0.05 right from market. Works great and everyone uses Skype which can't be said for FaceTime, GTalk, Tango or Fring.

Parafly9

Reaction score
I use both Skype and G Chat.

I find Tango limiting b/c you need the other person to also use Tango and have it signed in. It's not as ubiquitous.

$mitty

Reaction score
Me and the wife recently got a couple of these and the G+ hangout works perfectly. Full 4G signal in Charlotte, NC FTMFW!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Google plus is cool. U can chat with people from there

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I've not used the others, but Skype has been horrible for me. I used it once for about 30 seconds and it crapped on me. It won't even let me add the wife as a contact. I sorta gave up on the video chat thing after that.

Bigsurprise

Reaction score
I've not used the others, but Skype has been horrible for me. I used it once for about 30 seconds and it crapped on me. It won't even let me add the wife as a contact. I sorta gave up on the video chat thing after that.

I had a similar experience with Skype. Tango didn't work for me either. I am using Fring now with much better results. It works cross platform fine as well. Admittedly the quality is not good, but it works consistently.