Video Chat on GNex

dwg3333

Reaction score
IPhone has FaceTime. Is Google Video the best app to make video calls on GNex? It just seems too much. Face time is quick and easy. Not that I am an Apple fan. Not at all but Android almost seems to be going the way of M$ with the difficulty of software. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bsmith0731

Reaction score
IPhone has FaceTime. Is Google Video the best app to make video calls on GNex? It just seems too much. Face time is quick and easy. Not that I am an Apple fan. Not at all but Android almost seems to be going the way of M$ with the difficulty of software. I could be wrong.

I think google talk is the best.

But don't think its as good as face time yet.

Just my opinion.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Tango is the easiest. Tango android can also talk with Tango Iphone.

OP
dwg3333

dwg3333

Reaction score
I think google talk is the best.

But don't think its as good as face time yet.

Just my opinion.

Agreed. I thought maybe it was just me. I don't want to switch to iPhone just for Face time. Any good apps or advice that takes advantage of GNEX and ICS?

OP
dwg3333

dwg3333

Reaction score
Tango is the easiest. Tango android can also talk with Tango Iphone.

I read somewhere that Tango has caused some issues with ICS.

MotoDroid82

Reaction score
I use Fring for video chat and it seems to work as good as face time. I am not a fan of apple so if u like face time and want an equivalent on your android device check out this app on the market. I actually use it to talk to some of my friends on their ipod touch, of course they have to have it on their ipod too.

This message was sent from my Unlocked/Rooted Galaxy Nexus.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I use Fring for video chat and it seems to work as good as face time. I am not a fan of apple so if u like face time and want an equivalent on your android device check out this app on the market. I actually use it to talk to some of my friends on their ipod touch, of course they have to have it on their ipod too.

I've used fring when I used my iPhone. Not so much anymore.

How is it with the gnex

MotoDroid82

Reaction score
I've used fring when I used my iPhone. Not so much anymore.

How is it with the gnex

I have been using it with my gnex for couple weeks now and have had no problems, no fc's at all. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to video chat on their gnex.

honors21

Reaction score
Any of them are better than facetime you can use them over 3g 4g and wifi you can't do that work the i phone not to mention no 4g on the i phone yet.

McBain01

Reaction score
+1 for Tango. like stated above, works well doing android to iphone calls and on to computer with webcam as well. Seen no issues with tango and ICS yet. Super easy to setup. Also, it would have limited use but you can also use it on phones without a front camera like a droid x using the back camera in case someone really wanted to show you something in real time.

Riley

Reaction score
I tried Tango with just a voice call to another Android phone and it was horrible. Lots of digital artifacting and cutting in and out. I was on wifi, not sure about the person I was talking to though. I didn't try the video part of it yet.

rydeordie164

Reaction score
I have had bad experienced with tango...and OK ones with fring. I face chat only with an iphone user so we're still experimenting for the best program. For now, it's fring. Iphone users cannot use Google video chat, right?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i use skype and its works great. on 4g no lag or anything. also use on google chat. also like someone mention above facetime only works with wifi and with just other apple users so not sure how that is better then android version? my friend would tether on my OG droid before (i have gnex now) so they can face time with other iphone user. LOL

wigsajumper

Reaction score
Google has updated google+ app with both android and ios, messener now allows video chat. Used it this weekend over 3G quality was ok.