Video calls with screeching feedback

gregg098

Reaction score
Ive had this issue before and after the update. Whenever my wife and I try to do a video call (both with Droid 3's), whether its skype or tango, all we hear is tons of screeching feedback. If either of us mute that end, it goes away. Anybody have any ideas on how to have a normal video call?

Also, if one of us is on a computer with skype, the issue is non-existent. Its only when we both use our Droids.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Are you in the same room just practicing the new features? If your in close proximity you may find that kind of feedback.

Sent from my D3, rooted and looking for ROM's

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Are you in the same room just practicing the new features? If your in close proximity you may find that kind of feedback.

Sent from my D3, rooted and looking for ROM's

The mute indicates to me that this is the issue also. Does gtalk work? The update fixed it to accept video chats now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

arbgast641

Reaction score
I was getting the same with tango. But after the update I started using google video chat. Works great.

OP
G

gregg098

Reaction score
Have not messed with google talk yet, only skype and tango. We are not in the same room. Have both been on wifi and 3g. It just seems like there should be noise cancellation. Muting either side fixes it all.

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Have not messed with google talk yet, only skype and tango. We are not in the same room. Have both been on wifi and 3g. It just seems like there should be noise cancellation. Muting either side fixes it all.

Try g talk. It is standard on d3. System app called talk.