Video always re-focusing

ChristianB

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post that I tried taking some 1080p videos and I noticed that the camera was constantly re-evaluating its focus while I was shooting the video. It was apparent during playback on my HD tv.

Also the video was a bit grainy for 1080p. Not sure if that was due to the low light conditions I was in (music performance). Will try during daylight. But the re-evaluating of the focus is kind of negative.

jp589

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. The video quality is fine, but the focusing is completely broken. It's constantly re-focusing itself and adjusting the lighting. It's somewhat acceptable if the subject of the video is completely still, but then again that defeats the entire purpose of filming a video. The re-focusing is an issue when taking photos as well

I've heard the complaints about the camera, but there's no way it can be THIS bad. I'm trying to use my Bionic to film and upload vlogs on YouTube. As it is, the phone is completely incapable of filming a video due to all the re-focusing and lighting changes that occur with any movement whatsoever. I'm thinking I must have a defective camera in my phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

kmkmjohnson

Reaction score
White balance is also frequently changing. These issues are making video unacceptable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums