Manual focus camera in video mode

Fooshnik

Reaction score
Shooting stills you can touch the screen to focus, is there an app that allows this in video mode? I have a lot of problems with the camera focusing on the background when trying to film objects less than five or so feet away.

Epic

Reaction score
I have a lot of problems with the camera focusing on the background when trying to film objects less than five or so feet away.
Hi Fooshnik
I'm also having a similar problem with my DROID 3. It seems that the image won't Auto-Focus as described. However if I'm recording a video and the image gets out of Focus, I can Tap the screen to make it focus just like if taking a still shot picture. Its kinda annoying that I have to keep taping the screen to Auto-Focus and the strange thing is that after the latest OTA update this issue was supposedly resolved.
What can I say though, I paid 130$ for my DROID 3 no contract and other than that I love it!

T

tiffanyel

Shooting stills you can touch the screen to focus, is there an app that allows this in video mode? I have a lot of problems with the camera focusing on the background when trying to film objects less than five or so feet away.

yeah, I dont know why auto focus can not be enabled for video.