[ROM] Vicious-MIUI Ice Cream Sandwich brought to you by Vicious (11-20-2011)

DroidVicious

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to Vicious MIUI Ice Cream Sandwich
the beginning..............

What's up everyone!! What we have here is your typical MIUI but what seperates this from the normal weekly MIUI ports is yummy yummy Ice Cream!! The Galnet crew out of Scotland has successfully merged the Ice Cream Sandwich frameworks in to the weekly MIUI ports... So what they have decided to do was keep up with the incorporated ICS weekly ports, and if you guys like this I will do the same!! Everything in the frameworks is from their ICS-MIUI, the only thing I did was made the necessary modifications for it to boot and work on the Mecha aka HTC Thunderbolt... If you want to check out the Galnet crew and what they are doing please click on there link and lets show them some appreciation and support!!!
Galnet Website based of Scotland

(This port is as exactly as you would see it from Galnet)

PLEASE READ THIS:

I also want to say that everyone should keep in mind that MIUI is Android AOSP heavily modified.. Almost in a sense well like Sense is or Moto Blur.. Don't expect this to look any different then it already does.. The same way that Sense doesn't really change as new versions of Android come out MIUI is the same.. It just begins to improve!! So before you get all crazy and start asking questions about why it looks exactly the same this is the reason why.. If anyone has used MIUI on past devices think of what MIUI looked like when it first came out on Android 2.2 to what MIUI looks like now on Android 2.3... Stick with this and it will becoming amazing!!

Now that we have a lot of ICS action happening and MIUI will soon be moving in to further ICS development, Jamezelle and I in the meantime are going to start to incorporate more and more ICS in to the ICS-MIUI port! So please stay tuned to this project as we are going to really try to take this one off the ground like something fierce!!!!!!! lol

So again this is not pure ICS this is some ICS merged in to the frameworks, so I'm not claiming this to be a full working Ice Cream Sandwich ROM which is why I said Jamz and I are going to start to incorporate more in to it... But it's a start, and I wanted to keep this seperate from the weekly!!!

What's working:

4G & 3G (Full Data although at the moment 4G displays as just G which I forgot to fix in this release and will be done tonight or tomorrow)
Phone calls (In & out with full call audio w/ speaker & proper Mecha audio codecs and medial profile)
Voicemail Notifications
SMS Messaging
WiFi (Fully working now, I had to re-do some of the smali in framework.jar)
Tethering (Built in native tethering no need for 3rd party apps anymore) Fix thanks to Jamezelle
4 Way reboot on power down
Bluetooth (Proper Mecha Audio BTID)
Camera (Has a funny bug when you snap a pic but pic comes out clear, this is still being looked in to)
Video Recording
Video Playback w/ Audio
Sensors
Ambient Lights
Call Recording (Built in and can be accessed through tools menu while call is in progress)

What's not working:
Mms is still broke and still being worked on
Extended phone settings through the settings menu while in dialpad

Downloads:

Vicious-MIUI-ICS-2.0
http://www.multiupload.com/6R9N58P5WA
MD5SUM 5098cc57de82365c85a0f1afd9c9721d

Vicious-MIUI-ICS-1.0
http://www.multiupload.com/LI58QLEM57
MD5SUM bc8bd71e73c37d0e5b4b95ef51603802

Come and chat with usWeb Chat chat.andirc.net #Vicious-MIUI or Chat Client irc.andirc.net #Vicious-MIUI

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys and gals, don't forget to mark this as installed and nominate the developer for Developer of the Month :)

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Spam said:
Droid Forum Rules!!

Lolwat?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Beautiful buttery smooth ROM.

Hats off, great work.

I was wondering I drive a 2012 Mustang GT with Sync. It has the ability to read my text messages aloud when I receive them. However, the BT stack on the TB doesn't support the MAP profile. From what I understand the BlueZ bluetooth stack contains proper profile. Phones like the Droid X and Bionic have this stack and profile and they work fine with audio systems that read text messages aloud.

Can the BlueZ bluetooth stack (or a stack that uses a MAP profile) be incorporated into this ROM?

Last edited:

maverick31210

Reaction score
Before this I was on stock rooted ROM. I download LTE Switch to turn off 4G. I downloaded the app again and it just takes me to the Network Settings. .....

how do I turn off 4G on this ROM?

ROJO

Reaction score
I installed on Monday. Very sweet!! I am having problems getting GPS lock, directions on Nav. I installed and ran GPS status and got lock, but the turn by turn just says "searching for GPS". Any ideas?

DrewB

Reaction score
I am getting stuck on my splash screen when I try to load this rom. I wipe everything 3 times too. I'm not sure what to do. Any help guys would be appreciated

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

stormrager

Reaction score
Vicious-Miui Ice Cream Sandwich (12-4-2011) Updated 2:40Am - RootzWikihis is updated more frequently here. There are 2 builds that are not listed here that are there.