Vibration tinny sound in earpiece

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Hey guys, just curious if anyone else has experienced this: just today I noticed when I'm listening to the other party with the earpiece to my ear, whenever they talk there's a tinny vibration sound.... dare I say almost like the speaker has blown. Now I have never put the volume on max in fact I find myself keeping it pretty low with the noise cancellation selected. It's annoying. Please help. Hope to hear from someone, thanks.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Bump please
★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does it happen with another contact on your list or your voicemail? It very well could've been on their end with a busted mic.

If the problem is still there, sounds like it's on your end, but should be replaceable under warranty.

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
It's definitely any and all calls. I'm afraid it's a busted speaker. Has anyone ever replaced their earpiece speaker?

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? I'm surprised I haven't seen much on the Internet.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Rmedy21

Reaction score
That just happen to me I got a new replacement phone. But you may want to check the headsets because it happened to me with my new replacement phone as well. I tried a new pair of headsets and boom the little noise cancelation was gone

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
That just happen to me I got a new replacement phone. But you may want to check the headsets because it happened to me with my new replacement phone as well. I tried a new pair of headsets and boom the little noise cancelation was gone

Can you clarify what you mean by replacement headsets? You mean earpiece speaker?

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Rmedy21

Reaction score
I apologize try utilizing a different pair of headsets. If the noise is still there then that means you need to replace the the headsets.

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
I apologize try utilizing a different pair of headsets. If the noise is still there then that means you need to replace the the headsets.

Sorry I may not have been clear... It's the earpiece speaker that is crackling / vibrating, not the headphones.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Rmedy21

Reaction score
Oh okay then you need new headsets for or use different ones

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Sorry, you don't understand it's not the headphones it's the earpiece speaker. The one you put to your ear when talking on the phone!

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Rmedy21

Reaction score
Yes it's the phone now I understand. You have to get it replaced this just happened to me two weeks ago

Rmedy21

Reaction score
The noise was annoying Everytime I spoke with someone I could hear a small static noise in the background. I believe the speaker is busted

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Did you replace the entire phone or just the speaker?

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★