MOD Use The Front Earpiece On The Note Edge As A Front Speaker

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
93201471944PM_635_samsung_galaxy_note_edge.jpeg

With devices like the Moto X, Nexus 6, and the HTC One M8 you would think that OEMs would gravitate towards this and get away from the small tinny sounds of rear facing speakers. The Note Edge utilizes a small rear speaker. There is nothing more annoying than having to cup your hand around the back of your device to hear a song or the audio from a video. The front earpiece on the Note Edge is actually a pretty substantial speaker. Developer "sshafranko" has decided to utilize this front earpiece for media consumption. His mod will activate the front earpiece in conjunction with the rear speaker.

Not only does this mod provide a richer, louder sound it also gives what is described as a "surround sound effect". The mod is in the form of a flashable zip file. There are 3 zips available.

1) Stock volume values approximately 84 with activated surround sound type effect.
2) Very Loud volume values approximately 90 with activated surround sound type effect.
3) Revert back to stock sound volume values and stock speaker functions and effect.

Head to the link below for more info and download links.

Via XDA

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sweet. I will have to flash this. I am going to miss the bottom speaker position of my Note 3 and this will circumvent that.

I'm still waiting for a phone that has a front facing sound bar on one side of phone.

Edit: This mod is for the TMobile version of the Edge only.
Edited again: It's also working with the Sprint variant as well.