Vibrate-Only Ringer witll not stay Vibrate-only

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Sorry for the similar posts but I added on to the "Froyo Vibrate" thread (which was not my exact problem anyway) yesterday and go no response. I figured I'd start a new thread for my exact problem to see if I can get some help. I would really appreciate it!

The problem: I set ringtone to vibrate-only either by using Weather Widget Silence OR using the Volume Button on side of phone.
When someone calls it automatically comes out of vibrate-only and starts ringing and vibrating. This is a big problem at work when I don't want my ringer blowing up the office! The vibrate logo in the notification panel appears when I select vibrate using either method above. When the call comes the logo dissapears.

The attempted (AND FAILED) solutions:
-Was running BBv0.4 when I noticed this.
-Flashed Insane Nemesis Rom with wipes...still does it
-Flashed back to BBv0.4...still does it
-Flashed Succulant Desire v7.0 with wipes...still does it
-Flashed Ultimate Droid v5.0 with wipes...still does it
-Flashed backup to BBv1.1 (which I thought I remember working properly)...still does it
-I have tried on launcherpro (where I noticed it start happening) and stock launcher - no fix
-This is where I stand.

Is this a hardware issue where something has gone wrong and I need to use my warrenty?

Should I go all the way back to stock to try and check if its a rom?

I have been wiping cache/data/partition via clockwork each time - could some rom software still be hiding somewhere that is affecting thing now on ALL roms?

Thanks for your help! This is an annoying problem!

OP
kenbarnum

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I tried a million things and the answer turned out to be that I had a bad app update. The new version of ring manager pro busted the vibrate function. Will email them now.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I thought it was some app you were using, glad you got it fixed. And see, starting a new thread doesn't usually work to get more answers.

good luck

OP
kenbarnum

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I thought it was some app you were using, glad you got it fixed. And see, starting a new thread doesn't usually work to get more answers.

good luck

Had to try something...wasn't getting a response and yours isn't all the helpful