Droid Not Vibrating On Incoming SMS **Official Thread**

tybrauhn

Reaction score
Good Solution

I was also having a problem with my phone failing to vibrate with any type of notification. I believe this happened after installing Locale, but I could be wrong. After some searching, I found a solution here: the droid geek [dot] com: Android Stopped Vibrating - Fixed. Although it involves installing an app called sound manager, I believe it allows you to fix the problem by controlling the phone's built-in vibration functionality instead of using another program to add additional notifications.

joshua117

Reaction score
well i didn't even know i had this issue until i read this and checked it out for myself. thanks for bringing this to my attention.

M

Matth3w

If you have the phone set to vibrate only, will it vibrate for SMS, Email, and Calls? I ask because I don't have mine quite yet. I text like 1000+ a month, if it doesn't vibrate (I never have my phone on anything but vibrate 99% of the time) when I get the text, I'll be ditching the phone.

ping24usa

Reaction score
I followed tybrauhn's link and it solved the "no vibrate" problem. Then I deleted the Sound Manager app and still works.

I had the Timerrifc app and uninstalled it, I think that was the cause of my "no vibrate" problem.