Vibrate Notification Not Working

docowen

Reaction score
Hey all...any help would be appreciated,

My phone does not seem to vibrate for any text or email notifications. Yes I have it turned on in settings. It wont work with the ringer on or when in vibrate mode. Also tried Handcent SMS and still no vibrate even when turned on in settings. Yes haptic feedback and ringer vibrate work fine. Is there something I'm missing or is there an issue with my phone??

Thanks in advance.

mjs31

Reaction score
Hey all...any help would be appreciated,

My phone does not seem to vibrate for any text or email notifications. Yes I have it turned on in settings. It wont work with the ringer on or when in vibrate mode. Also tried Handcent SMS and still no vibrate even when turned on in settings. Yes haptic feedback and ringer vibrate work fine. Is there something I'm missing or is there an issue with my phone??

Thanks in advance.

If you have it set to vibrate in notifications, then I am not sure why it wouldn't. Mine has done nothing different then what I have set it to do.

jnyce

Reaction score
I have the same problem, any luck in finding a solution yet?

brking69

Reaction score
If you have the Locale app installed, you need to set vibrate ON in your default settings. This was my problem. I couldn't get vibrate notifications to work until I did this. Locale is pretty sweet, but it does take over some things. As long as you set up all of your rules carefully, as well as the default settings, you should have no problems.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
If you have the Locale app installed, you need to set vibrate ON in your default settings. This was my problem. I couldn't get vibrate notifications to work until I did this. Locale is pretty sweet, but it does take over some things. As long as you set up all of your rules carefully, as well as the default settings, you should have no problems.

I wanted to use Locale but I had some issues getting the GPS to accurately detect some rural areas I was at, so I took it back off.

I might try it again in the future just for the "kool factor" though...