Vibrate Bug

SmittyZ3M

Reaction score
Perhaps this has already been discussed else where...

I am looking for acknowledgement that I am not the only person experiencing this issue, or, that there is some type of fix that I am simply over looking.

In the "Sounds & Display" configuration, there is an option to tell the phone to vibrate when an incoming call is received. So, when this option is toggled "on", when the phone is in "audible ring" mode, the phone will both ring AND vibrate.

What I noticed is that if the vibrate option mentioned in the previous paragraph is NOT selected, and the phone is in Vibrate mode, when an incoming call is received, the phone does NOT vibrate.

The same holds true for text messaging.

Am I missing something?

Xris

Reaction score
Vibrating for txts is it's own setting.

Open messaging, menu button, settings, at the bottom under Notifications.

I don't have a second phone nearby to test the ring vibe settings :( i'll see what I can find out for you.

OP
S

SmittyZ3M

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I understand that vibrate for text messaging is its own setting, however the same principle holds true. If the vibrate option for text messaging is not selected, and the phone is put into vibrate mode, upon receipt of a text message, the phone will not vibrate.

The easiest way to describe the symptom is that if the "Vibrate" option is not enabled, when the phone is placed in actual "vibrate" mode, the phone acts as if it is in "silent" mode upon receipt of a telephone call or text message.