Very unhappy with "the runaround"

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
So, I ordered the Incredible on June 11th and the guy told me about 2 weeks for it to ship, but call on the 14th to get order number/tracking number. So I call, and the lady tells me I won't get it until June 28th. So today I email Verizon to see if they can give me an order number so that I know when to have someone home to get it, and also because I wanted to take some 4th of July pictures with the 8mp camera. Well the email tells me, July 9th, and to take pictures on my feature phone and then back them up. So I did a little surfing on the net, and found out about the Droid X. I am tempted to cancel the Incredible and get the X since it would launch on the 19th. I get the feeling that they will say that the order can't be canceled, so I will have to pay the restocking fee on a phone that isn't in stock, then by the time I get the 199 back the X will be back-ordered as well, and this whole mess will start all over again. I also saw someone ordered on the 7th, and has been told theirs will ship by June 22nd. Somehow, my 4 day later order date, results in a 17 day wait.

zMd113

Reaction score
The average time to receive the Incredible is around 18-19 days. So you will for sure get your Droid in time for the 4th of July. Remember a better phone is always a month or two away so if you think you'll like the MOTO X better then wait. I love my Incredible and I'm sure I'd love the MOTO X as well but at some point you just have to go for it. I'm glad I bought and then waited 19 days to get it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The supposed release date on the Droid X is JULY 19th, not June.

zMd113

Reaction score
It sounded like he was going to wait anyway. Just go all out if he's going to wait that long.

OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
It sounded like he was going to wait anyway. Just go all out if he's going to wait that long.

Yes, they are telling me that the phone will ship July 9th, and thus arrive July 11th, at that point, I might as well get a phone that I don't have to shut off to charge.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went through all this crap about runarounds when I worked for VZW and the Storm came out. They're trying not to set your expectations high. My gut feeling is you'll have the new phone before July 9. JMHO.

OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
I really hope so. I have been expecting this phone for the longest time now.

zMd113

Reaction score

Yes, they are telling me that the phone will ship July 9th, and thus arrive July 11th, at that point, I might as well get a phone that I don't have to shut off to charge.

Uuuumm you don't have turn off the Incredible to charge it, it works fine and despite what everyone else says it has good battery life.
Anyway that is a long wait, I don't blame you for wanting the new MOTO X it's nice.

Leila

Reaction score
In case anyone is not wanting to wait for an Incredible, I had been looking for an Incredible for a few days and Verizon, Best Buy,etc. were all sold out. On Sunday I ordered from Wirefly because they told me they were in stock and could ship overnight. I had my Incredible on Tuesday morning. I believe Amazon also had them in stock.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I really hope so. I have been expecting this phone for the longest time now.

I have a Moto Droid and most of my friends/relatives went with the Incredible and it really is an excellent phone. Granted the Droid X is coming out July 19th and even though the thing is a beast doesn't make the Incredible less viable.