Very glitchy Razr on ICS PLEASE HELP

kryst8642

Reaction score
Heres the situation as quick and clear as I can make it:

A friend has my old Droid Razr. It was working perfectly fine before she got it. When it was put on her account these issues started happening intermittently:

-Everything done from the home screen sends her back to the home screen, i.e. opening an app (automatically closes), switching home slides (slides immediately back), or sliding down the notification bar, which just scrolls back up.

The phone HAS BEEN WET, but was dried out with rice and worked perfectly after being dried and worked up until put on this account.

It is in ICS, and was before the phone came to her account.

The cache was cleared from the boot menu, and the phone has been factory reset several times.

Also, the phone was logged in with a new Gmail account, so we've ruled out a bad set of applications.

I thought it might be software but HERES THE KICKER-

The phone seems to work perfectly when plugged in to a charger, even if the charger is not the motorola one that comes with the phone...

The problem seems to be something that happens from time to time but can be incinsistently frequent and aggressive. The problem also affects the ability to operate the boot menu.

HELP PLZ, I am at a total loss

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow kryst, I am at a total loss also. It could be an app that is installed that is causing the conflict but that is just a far fetched guess. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

OP
K

kryst8642

Reaction score
My thought is that maybe the operating system is corrupt. I guess the home screen issue is something I've also heard from different Motorola phones. Does anyone know if this is something that may be fixable if I reflash the ICS operating system?

djspy

Reaction score
Have you tried booting in safe mode? I think it's done by holding down the Volume down key while the phone is booting up. Wait until "Safe Mode" appears on the lower right corner. To get out of safe mode simply reboot your device as normal.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just do an fdr... get it over with... that will rule out software...and if this continues, then its probably hardware related...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think an fdr is not going to solve the problem if it has already been done several times.

Call Verizon. If it is still under warranty, then she may be able to get a replacement, although that it has gotten wet may make that not possible. How long has it worked fine since it got wet?

TMYINC

Reaction score
Sounds like water damage might have corroded the battery connectors. Bad thing is you can't get to it without performing surgery.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kryst8642

Reaction score
Like I mentioned in the original post, we did several factory data resets. It seemed stable for a short time and would start getting glitchy again.

I don't know how a charger would stabalize the issue, or if it is even related.

Also it's not covered under warranty, as like I said the phone has been wet and the indicators are solid.

jaye712

Reaction score
I gotta go with Tis on this one..have u tryed to uninstall all the apps they downloaded n test it without all those apps?its alot to do i know, but there might be a lil hope if anything.if that dont wrk,then it might jst be damaged..goodluck

RAZR215UNROOTED