Stupid Water... Help?

ConfusedAndDazed

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive me. I did a forum search on this question, but didn't find a thread for Droid 4. I apologize in advance if I am starting a repetitive thread.

My Droid 4 got wet. It was on. I quickly dried it with a towel, pulled the slide-out keyboard down and dried that as well. I tried to power it down on my own but it was already off. I popped off the back cover, pulled SIM and SD card and put it in a ziplock bag of rice. It's been 2hrs.

Since the battery isn't removeable, is my phone toast???? Is there an indicator that tells if there is water damage on the phone?

Thanks in advance!

OP
C

ConfusedAndDazed

Reaction score
I was reading that it'll need at least 24hrs. But with it being a permanent battery, can the rice save it? And is there an indicator on the Droid 4 like there is on other units that show if there's water damage?

TIA

mattjenn

Reaction score
I was reading that it'll need at least 24hrs. But with it being a permanent battery, can the rice save it? And is there an indicator on the Droid 4 like there is on other units that show if there's water damage?

TIA

Yes its under sim card flap.