very excited

alpinestars199

Reaction score
i ordered my droid bionic yesterday and it should be here thursday or friday. anyway i was just wondering are there any current problems about this phone i should know about and if so what are they? thanks to anyone who replies. btw i am new here so hi

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, welcome to the forums!

One of the biggest problems is the data issue, but that seems to be with other 4G Verizon phones as well. This problem is partly to do with location so you may not experience it like others.

Once you get your phone, you'll need to go to Menu>Settings>About phone in order to see what System version you have. The latest is 5.9.902.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Congrats and best of luck with the Bionic!! :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Woot! Congrats on the Bionic...waiting is always the hard part on the new phone to arrive :)...

The Bionic is a solid phone - as mentioned above, some have experienced data drops and some haven't...good luck and hope all goes well for you!

rumblee1

Reaction score
Hey, big bionic fan here. Just love mine. Recommend the extended battery though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
welcome and congratulations. no problems here with my bionic but we'll help if you run into anything.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
welcome and congratulations. no problems here with my bionic but we'll help if you run into anything.

Yeah, loving my Bionic! Aside from the occasional data outages (4g), it's the perfect phone. And, welcome! This is the perfect forum for questions or any concerns you may have with the phone. Hope it brings you joy as it does for most of us here :)

jstwondrng

huskur

Reaction score
My wife has the Bionic and it is a stellar phone and she hasn't had any issues with it at all. I think you will be happy with it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, big bionic fan here. Just love mine. Recommend the extended battery though.

Yes on the extended battery. There are 4 made for the Bionic, but the one that seems to play better with the software is the Motorola extended battery. The others, while they last a long time, seem to have a problem with the software so the phone will say it needs to be charged while you'd still have plenty of hours use.

matjmonk

Reaction score
The Bionic is a solid phone - as mentioned above, some have experienced data drops and some haven't...good luck and hope all goes well for you!

It's definitely a solid phone once you add that extended battery, you could use it as a club if needed! I've had mine slightly over two weeks and the first thing I purchased was the xtended battery, it really does add some heft to the phone but I kind of like that. The phone has a few little quirks as they all do but so far it is pretty fast and seems to have one heck of a radio in it. I even see 4G occassionaly at the homestead in the sticks and it seems to be faster on 3G than my X (especially if I hold it upside down, could be coincidence but who knows). My only small complaint is the lack of ROMS since I'm a flash-aholic. Eclipse 2.2 is very good and my daily but I did like the heck out of MIUI on the X and from what I'm reading the ICS/MIUI variants on the Bionic have some data problems and don't do hardware accell so things like Angry Birds tend to not work well. I flirted briefly with AXIOM and Gummy .8 but went back to Eclipse due to the problems listed above.

Cheers

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Love my bionic(refurb) despite data drops. Forget the camera. Get an extended battery. Purchased 4000mAh 10 bucks ebay. Last at least 18 hours. Stays at 1% for hours before dying though. Lol

TatDroid

Reaction score
Stays at 1% for hours before dying though.

Yeah, see my thread about trying to calibrate an extended battery. It seems that some inexpensive, non-Motorola batteries just won't calibrate. Mine works great (two full days) but for the entire second day it reads 1% remaining.

grgguy

Reaction score
Ive had mine three weeks and I'm considering going back to my X2, I live in a area with no 4g and the 3g download speeds on this thing are absolutely terrible!

Schoeney

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!

I have the Motorola extended battery and a "stock" phone (6 mos). I love it. I came from a Blackberry Tour....what a great improvement.