Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Has anyone else noticed the increase in complaints from customers, about vzw's service(reception) getting worse and worse? There are people, many who claim their devices are dropping 4g like back in the bionic days...

This concerns me..

Me & my significant other haven't had any problems with our last 2 Galaxy S devices and we travel all over the central and western US states. The only time I drop 4G is when I go down into our warehouse (which is a 90 thousand square foot concrete & steel building) But then all of our employees on different carriers experience the same problem so it's the building, not the carrier.

tap'n on my S5

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Me & my significant other haven't had any problems with our last 2 Galaxy S devices and we travel all over the central and western US states. The only time I drop 4G is when I go down into our warehouse (which is a 90 thousand square foot concrete & steel building) But then all of our employees on different carriers experience the same problem so it's the building, not the carrier.

tap'n on my S5
Glad that you're the exception.. It's been widely reported and with people using many different devices, i have this issue and it started when theu turned on their xlte.. It's happened in many areas .. Thats why vzw has gone to offering credits and lame explanations recently. I was released from my contract because of it... Though I'm still with vzw, because they're the best of the worst..

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I thought that Verizon had the ability to simultaneously do talk and text on phones with two antennas for and CDMA and LTE as voice was still on CDMA and data on LTE. I knew CDMA could not do this alone and wondered what would happen when both were on LTE. pc747 now makes me wonder even more when ATT can't but not sure that they use voLTE yet so might just be difference from gsm to LTE.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....Haven't really noticed any issues with the call reception, but my LTE/data connection has been pretty wonky of late (although I'm usually on wifi). Not good at all.

Of course, it could be because of my nearly 3 year-old Rezound that I've dropped several times (and now that I think about it, the culprit is probably the extended battery case which others complained about).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who is your new carrier.
Been worth T-Mobile since May. I have yet to drop a call, lose a data connection or fail to get a connection, even in areas that are only 2g. 2g in rural areas is better than the 0g I got with Verizon. I haven't traveled to the western part of Virginia yet but I've been to northern, eastern and southern as well as my most frequent being central . My phone is a phone first, computer second so calls are my highest priority and I've been pleasantly surprised that the computer part has been reliable, although slow in boon docks, everywhere I've traveled. Only 1 small area in my local grocery store is a dead spot and it's dead for all carriers there.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....Haven't really noticed any issues with the call reception, but my LTE/data connection has been pretty wonky of late (although I'm usually on wifi). Not good at all.

Of course, it could be because of my nearly 3 year-old Rezound that I've dropped several times (and now that I think about it, the culprit is probably the extended battery case which others complained about).
My Rezound went way down after the world radio firmware update June of last year. The reception for everything went way down, battery life went way down with it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Rezound went way down after the world radio firmware update June of last year. The reception for everything went way down, battery life went way down with it.

Yeah, guess now I really have an excuse to be in the market for a phone. Not sure if my issue is the same as yours - my battery life plummeted because my battery was over 2 years old. And I run Tachyon custom rom, but probably have updated my radios. I'm on wifi so much I hadn't really noticed poor LTE performance, although I think it probably is the extended battery cover (which has reported issues).