Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Goes For $50.00 on Amazon

ntrddragn

Reaction score
nexus is a good phone. not the holy grail but a good phone. battery issue yeah but i got the extended battery (2100mAh?),stock battery and a car charger. lack of update for a 'pure' device is annoying, yes. I want to root but to lazy. i dont have signal issue since i live, drive and work in a 4g area. it only go into 3g at my mom's house but her house is a made of iron or something. LOL i step outside 4g inside 3g :blink:. all in all its a good phone. i recommend for the non tech non root person like my sister to get a rezound. my wife has it and its pretty solid. comes free headset its a +

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
For me the nexus is a worthy upgrade from my X, the X was an upgrade from my D1. Coming from a fully unlocked D1 into the confines of the X was a tough pill to swallow (one I don't plan on swallowing again), being a kernel hacker I know how much performance can be gained from a highly optimized kernel and being the razr will never have this one must ask ones self if this is of importance to them.

If performance and development longevity is of utmost importance look no further than the nexus. If you have no plans on unlocking the boot loader of your device and upgrading the kernel I suggest the razr maxx for it's strong LTE radio, better build quality and extreme battery life.

I like the nexus, I don't like the razr. This doesn't make the nexus superior or the razr inferior, it's a reflection of what's important to me. If you choose devices in this way without letting opinions of others sway your judgment you will make the right call...for you.

BlackMill

Reaction score
So, basically you're saying his argument is irrelevant because the things that plague him aren't important to you? If I had gotten the Nexus upon the expectation of getting an OTA update to fix the signal issues and didn't have it almost six months later I would be just a bit peeved. As to the battery issue, the MAXX may not have battery access, but it holds as much power as two standard batteries and if you're going through more than that in a day guess you'd just have to make due using a charger. On the camera front is it necessary to dissect every detail of why the experience on the HTC is better? It's not just megapixels that matter, and I've never seen anyone praising the Nexus' camera. Calm yourself and leave your criticisms for people who post baseless replies.

Not at all. I was stating my opinion just as freely as he was able to post his. I was also just trying to give him another perspective, not jam my beliefs down his throat. You seem to think that I typed that response in a fit of rage, however I was and still am "calm." "On the camera front is it necessary to dissect every detail of why the experience on the HTC is better?" I am a bit confused with this statement because I did not go into much detail at all with the experience of using an HTC. To close I'm not trying to argue I was stating my opinion, I've never known this forum to be an aggressive place but I hope that people aren't beginning to criticize others for "respectfully disagreeing."

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Nexus owner here. This phone's been great to me. Unlocked the bootloader and rooted it within the first six hours I owned it. Haven't looked back. I leave my 4G radio on all day, and I can still manage 8 hours between charges. I also live in an area with good 4G coverage, so switching to and from 3G isn't an issue for me. I wouldn't have a problem recommending this phone to a friend or colleague if they could get it for $50. Just sayin....