Verizon's forced Rezound update

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Anyone know what this os update Verizon is pushing to the Rezound phones. It is not the other big update that gives you the 5 signal bars, I haven't taken that update yet. This was a forced update that happened when I did a reboot on my phone a few days ago. Now one of my co-wokers who also has the Rezound says it was pushed to his phone too. In the message box as it was pushing a note said that it is A Verizon update to enhance the phone. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

dzone67

Reaction score
It's most likely the update you haven't done. Take a screenshot and show us.

Sent from a Rezound!

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
No 5 bars, original software version.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328020066335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328020066335.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 518
  • uploadfromtaptalk1328020090737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328020090737.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 550
OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Just rebooted the phone and its downloading this update again. Screen shotted it this time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328031811569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328031811569.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 533
OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Ok, figured out what the download was. It was downloading the PDF of the Verizon support page of the 52mg update. PDF just didn't show up the first time. I'm still waiting to see how that big update effects the phones before I get it. It was a nightmare for me when I did the (MR) 1 and 2 updates with my Thunderbolt. Don't want to go through that ever again.

dboone04

Reaction score
I recieved this update and after it downloaded it rebooted to an android with the triangle and explanation point...I left my phone for over 2 hrs and nothing changed....my phone is unlocked and rooted but stock Rom still. No clue why it didn't install, had to do a battery pull and now its back to normal with no sign of the update...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mikeinctown

Reaction score
My phone updated, rebooted, and now it looks the same as it did before. I am hoping it helps my battery life. lol. I haven't seen a PDF of anything either.

cp24eva

Reaction score
My phone updated, rebooted, and now it looks the same as it did before. I am hoping it helps my battery life. lol. I haven't seen a PDF of anything either.

did you go back to the update section in your settings and then press OK or something like that? Because I had to do that. do you have 5 reception bars instead of 4? Hey Mike...I thought you gave up your Rezound at one point?

ablank

Reaction score
What's the build number?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right build number, but it says software number 2.01.605.11. Also, I have no data what so ever all of a sudden on my Rezound.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't already have it, get to a wifi hotspot and download lteonoff from the market and try changing from lte to cdma and see if your data is capable in cdma. Many were able to have a working data signal by getting off of the lte network when it was down back in December

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Not sure what the update was, but I can't tell any difference yet. Also, no connectivity issues since the update. Still glad I traded in my Nexus. :p Houston, TX

Reaction score
Data came back after switching around from CDMA to LTE a few times...must have just got hung up on something. Otherwise, I haven't noticed anything different since the update other than having 5 bars now.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I've been having bad data issues since I have traded my iphone 4s for the Rezound. I even regret going to iphone when I had my Razr. Anyways, my Rezound won't hold a 4G signal for more than 5-10mins then it drops it and goes to 3g. I have to manually go into the phone and toggle cdma to lte and it will comeback but then it drops the lte. I have been through tech support 3 times and this is my second Rezound they sent me. If all else fails I am going to try and get them to switch me to a Razr Maxx. Cause I honestly am getting passed off with this issue. Paying $300 for a 4G phone that can't hold a 4G signal no more than 5mins.

Sent from my HTC Rezound