Verizon's Droid Eris

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-droid-eris-preview.png

Verizon's much-anticipated Droid smartphone came into the spotlight this week, but it seems this will be only the first in a series of Android-based devices, with the second model -- named the Droid Eris -- expected early next month. The initial model in this series will be dubbed the "Droid by Motorola", while the Droid Eris will supposedly be made by HTC. HTC DesireThis device was briefly shown off by Verizon and Google at an event early this month (see image at left), revealing that it will be a tablet-shaped model with a strong resemblance to the HTC Hero.

It will allegedly have an 3.2-inch HVGA screen, Wi-Fi, 5-MPx camera, and a GPS receiver, but no hardware keyboard. This model has the code-name HTC Desire, and it was under that designation that it received FCC approval late last month. It will run Google's Android OS, but the standard user interface will be replaced with HTC Sense. However, the Google applications will still be included, and users of this smartphone will have access to the 10,000+ apps currently on the Android Market, the on-device software store.

Release Date & Price
The HTC Droid Eris will reportedly launch on November 6, which will put its debut close to the release of the Motorola Droid. It's not known what Verizon will charge for this model.

Two More Android Models
Verizon's Droid series will apparently include at least three models: the Motorola Droid, the HTC Droid Eris, and a third model currently known only by its code-name, the Motorola Calgary.

Like the original Droid, this will reportedly be a slider, with a landscape-oriented QWERTY keyboard. It will apparently have a smaller, lower-resolution screen than the Droid. While the Droid is expected to be a high-end model, the Calgary will be more mid-range, or possibly even entry level.

Source: http://www.brighthand.com/default.a...ola+Droid+Eris++Google+Android+OS+2.0+Verizon

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think overall the size + look of the phone is pretty good. If its cheap enough and has the power of android, it could be a successful phone.

smithlanger

Reaction score
not just pretty good but hell of good this fone have in all aspects i would love to purchase

patrick076

Reaction score
huh ! good to know

i just wanted to know bout the battery standby timings and camera specification with connectivity

is it EDGE Blue tooth enabled

debrad0307

Reaction score

Verizon's much-anticipated Droid smartphone came into the spotlight this week, but it seems this will be only the first in a series of Android-based devices, with the second model -- named the Droid Eris -- expected early next month. The initial model in this series will be dubbed the "Droid by Motorola", while the Droid Eris will supposedly be made by HTC. HTC DesireThis device was briefly shown off by Verizon and Google at an event early this month (see image at left), revealing that it will be a tablet-shaped model with a strong resemblance to the HTC Hero.

It will allegedly have an 3.2-inch HVGA screen, Wi-Fi, 5-MPx camera, and a GPS receiver, but no hardware keyboard. This model has the code-name HTC Desire, and it was under that designation that it received FCC approval late last month. It will run Google's Android OS, but the standard user interface will be replaced with HTC Sense. However, the Google applications will still be included, and users of this smartphone will have access to the 10,000+ apps currently on the Android Market, the on-device software store.

Release Date & Price
The HTC Droid Eris will reportedly launch on November 6, which will put its debut close to the release of the Motorola Droid. It's not known what Verizon will charge for this model.

Two More Android Models
Verizon's Droid series will apparently include at least three models: the Motorola Droid, the HTC Droid Eris, and a third model currently known only by its code-name, the Motorola Calgary.

Like the original Droid, this will reportedly be a slider, with a landscape-oriented QWERTY keyboard. It will apparently have a smaller, lower-resolution screen than the Droid. While the Droid is expected to be a high-end model, the Calgary will be more mid-range, or possibly even entry level.

Source: http://www.brighthand.com/default.a...ola+Droid+Eris++Google+Android+OS+2.0+Verizon

Oops wrong forum

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
This was a pretty hysterical necropost. Funny to look back on a smartphone where the major feature was "Wifi". Not to mention a 3.2" screen.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Release Date & Price

Two More Android Models

Source: First Details Leak on Verizon's Upcoming ''Droid Eris'' Smartphone

4 years old this thread is.... my how far have we come in smart phones. We have cheap smart phones with better spec s than the eris which was considered an alternative to the motorola droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We only had 10,000 + apps back then. How did we ever live? I can't believe I'm still alive

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
nice bump! this gave me an idea to get a cheap $20 android phone on ebay, install skype and use my wife's premium skype account to call other phones over wifi. now my 2 year old can call her grandparents all day long and not bother us :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nice bump! this gave me an idea to get a cheap $20 android phone on ebay, install skype and use my wife's premium skype account to call other phones over wifi. now my 2 year old can call her grandparents all day long and not bother us :)

I do that now but instead of Skype I use Google voice and call out using the app groove ip. I use my nexus as my home phone over wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta