Verizon - “No Froyo for Droid Eris”

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-eris-hands-on3.jpg

In a move that signals the beginning of the end for the Droid Eris, Verizon has confirmed the second Droid released will not be a candidate for a Froyo upgrade. Though the move was not entirely unexpected, it is a sad end to a popular entry-level Android offering.

Verizon spokeswoman Brenda Raney confirmed that Froyo would not be provided for the Eris. "We have other options in Android devices, so this is part of the normal evolution of our portfolio," Raney said in an e-mail.

Of course the Android development community will continue to support this device, so head on over to the Droid Eris Forums to learn about the latest happenings.

Source:
Update: No Froyo for Droid Eris, Verizon confirms - Computerworld

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Man, the guy from the "Your replacement might just be a..." thread who took a new Eris over a CLNR D1 is gonna be pissed.

buckgrad

Reaction score
I don't suppose you could get Verizon Spokesperson Brenda Raney to speak about Droid X and Android 2.2, could you? ;)

BenRx

Reaction score
"Verizon spokeswoman Brenda Raney confirmed that Froyo would not be provided for the Eris. "We have other options in Android devices, so this is part of the normal evolution of our portfolio," Raney said in an e-mail.

"We" have other options doesn't seem to include me since my contract isn't up.