Verizon's 4G LTE Network Wins Tech Awards from PC World and Popular Science

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon4g-lte.jpg

Apparently, the technology editors for both PC World and Popular Science have been very impressed with Verizon's 4G LTE network technology. Popular Science gave the Verizon service their, “Fastest 4G Network Yet” award in the gadgets category of the 2011 Best of What’s New Awards. Also, PC World ranked Verizon's 4G LTE network as the No. 1 in PC World’s 100 Best Products of 2011. Here's a quote from Verizon's presser,
David Small, chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless, noted, “Each of these awards is a true honor and speaks to the sustainable investment we’ve made in our 4G LTE network. Popular Science and PC World are validating our strategy of building and selling services on an actual 4G LTE network over the year, rather than simply talking about what we may offer down the road.”

Tim Moynihan, senior editor of PC World, said, “Verizon's LTE service smoked the competition in our 4G speed tests, with download times almost three times as fast as most competitors’."
Both of those awards seem pretty impressive. What do you guys think... does Verizon deserve these awards for their 4G LTE service?

Source: Verizon Wireless

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Apparently neither of them own Bionics :p But, from what I read, AT&T's 4G LTE network is 'supposed' to way ahead of VZW's. Not something I'm happy to say, but have read.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have yet to wield this power myself, but it is pretty darn fast in my local verizon stores

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
They deserve it.

It's amazing how fast they've deployed LTE in a years times. There have been a few outages (expected for a new network deployment), but over all I would NEVER go back to a 3G phone. I don't even use WiFi unless I have to (amazon market).

anhanymouse

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're crippled by the tiered data plans to fully utilize the network to your hearts content (unless you have a grandfathered unlimited plan).