Verizon's 4G LTE Hits 500th Market Milestone; Initial Network Rollout is Finished

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzwltemilestone.jpg

The day of "substantial" completion has finally arrived for Big Red, at least for the first phase. Verizon has hit their 500th market milestone and finished the initial roll out of their 4G LTE network! A full 99% of Verizon's network customers are now able to access 4G LTE in their area. Here's the full press release from VZW,

There will be more than 220 million 4G LTE subscribers around the world by 2014, according to Juniper Research. Currently the world’s fastest commercially-available wireless technology is serving consumers in 70 countries, from Singapore to Belgium to the United States, and adoption is growing.

Driven by the expansion of the network over the past two and a half years as well as the availability of devices, 57 percent of Verizon Wireless’ data is carried on its 4G LTE. A leader in 4G LTE deployment, Verizon Wireless has expanded coverage rapidly since it launched its 4G LTE network in December 2010. Today, its 4G LTE network covers 500 markets in 49 states and officially launches next month in Alaska.

The impact of 4G LTE is evident all around us. It has transformed the entire mobile ecosystem, inspiring new types of content to be created and consumed beyond the range of popular limited-range private and public Wi-Fi networks, including streaming video from a train and photo sharing from a mountain peak, chatting on Skype, or listening to Pandora on a long drive. 4G LTE has made the high-speed, high-quality wireless experience a possibility as we travel throughout the United States. And, new uses are still being developed and introduced for appliances, cameras, cars and mobile health devices. By 2020, forecasts from GMSA predict that 4G LTE will enable 24 billion connected devices.

All those devices will require a network that can meet that demand. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network is available to more than 99 percent of its 3G footprint and to more than 95 percent of the entire U.S. population. So, virtual nationwide coverage has arrived and will continue to expand – making the real question, where will 4G LTE take our lives next?

It's surprising how quickly they pulled that off.

Source: VZW

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
yup, they have 4g lte on the west coast of michigan where other carriers don't even have phone signal. as far as i'm concerned, there is no competition in quality, coverage and reliability.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is why it is making it so hard for me to leave, damn you:hail: Verizon and your evil empire:icon_ devil:, common T-Mobile and Sprint get a move on already.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its a shame the company is crap. I don't trust them. Plus, they are raping poeple with their data plan prices. Seriously, 1 gig of data. ALL the cell companies are like drug dealers. Here guys, look at this great new product. Sure, you can have all you want. Oh wait...you guys are hooked, you depend on your mobile devices. Sure is a shame the price just went up. :icon_ devil:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
VZW is like an ex-girlfriend I had years ago. She was BLAZING hot... I mean ridiculously HOT...
But after a while I was reeeeally tired of her crap and just waiting for the final reason/opportunity to kick her to the curb.

"Really? You know what? Get your junk... and get out."

Which led to her ripping down all of the curtains in the house... t'was epic!

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
They've covered 99% of the 3G footprint? Seems very deceiving, I'm thinking the maps I've seen of VZW coverage include a lot of 2G/Edge area that they didn't distinguish. Geographically, I wonder if LTE covers even 2/3 on the 48 states. And the proof is in "95% of people covered". Geographically, that 5% has a huge footprint.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've been in a lot of that 1% apparently.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
VZW is like an ex-girlfriend I had years ago. She was BLAZING hot... I mean ridiculously HOT...
But after a while I was reeeeally tired of her crap and just waiting for the final reason/opportunity to kick her to the curb.

Which led to her ripping down all of the curtains in the house... t'was epic!
Been there, LOL.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Verizon's 4G map used to show my house in its 4G coverage, but now it shows me in its extended 4G coverage... Still can't wait to finally dump my D3 and get a 4G LTE capable phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cloudman7

Reaction score
I'm in that 1% that's not covered yes its a small town Rusk Tx but even smaller towns around have 4G even a town west that didn't have service has it hopping we don't get left out.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Now, all they have to do is improve their 4G LTE speed to knock AT&T back on their heels. Will it happen? Probably not. It would be nice, though.