Verizon's 4G LTE Back Online

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-lte3.jpg

According to multiple reports, Verizon's 4G LTE service should be fully operational again. They didn't give any specific reason for the outage, which happened about 17 hours ago, and within just a few days of their 4G LTE service 1 year anniversary. Verizon simply stated "technical issues" for the reason behind the outage, which started in the mid-west region, with customer's in Chicago, lower parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, then spreading to other regions of the country. Sound off when yours came back online.

Source: SlashGear

Tepes

Reaction score
I still don't have my 4G back in Chicago, only 3G on my Bionic. I have cycled airplane mode and turned the phone off and on.

EDIT: Who's got two thumbs and is the idiot that set his phone to CDMA only yesterday in hopes of grabbing a 3G signal?.... This Guy! I do have my 4G back :)

Last edited:

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm not near the Mid-West (Seattle), but I lost data around 12PM yesterday, and it returned around 5PM. No 3G/4G the entire time, and 1X only occasionally appeared. Fortunately, I was home and had WiFi, but I would have been pretty peeved if I was out for the day and needed data.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sandusky, Ohio here. Ironically, my 4g is working but my 3g is not, very weird:eek:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

john183

Reaction score
4G is back up here in Colorado Springs. 3G never went down here though.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I am wondering if this may have been part of the Fix. that is needed to make some of the LTE phones not loose Data. ? Or maybe a Software update to make ICS ready. ?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
in other news, verizonwireless will now throttle top 25% off users and increase prices on tier data to raise money for a more stable 4g connection. LOL:p

tommyz

Reaction score
It looks like there's a problem again. I woke up this morning to 3G service. I just looked at my phone and I have no data service. This is in Chicago on a Thunderbolt.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think these issues are delaying the Nexus (probably network issue, rather than the phone itself). You don't want to new LTE users, and ever more so new smartphone users, to fire up their new toy and then have a horrible first impression of your LTE baby. Some of them probably won't even understand the issues, they'll just wonder why their data is so slow when they were told otherwise (if they have any data connection at all).

tommyz

Reaction score
It looks like there's a problem again. I woke up this morning to 3G service. I just looked at my phone and I have no data service. This is in Chicago on a Thunderbolt.

I did a reboot and that seemed to fix the problem.