Verizon Wireless To Start Charging $2 Convenience Fee Starting January 15

stinger161

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE! HATE! HATE! the terms "convenience fee" and "nominal fee". Every time I see one of them I can feel my blood pressure rising to the point of bursting through this vein in my forehead and putting out someone's eye. There is absolutely nothing "convenient" or "nominal" about a fee. Don't hide the fact that you're sticking something in my can and then use a couple of the douchebaggiest words to cover it up and I'm supposed to feel good about it! Anyway yeah, it'll be electronic check or bill pay through my bank. Right here to your "convenience fee" ,!,,

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thats going to suck for the poor person opening them envelopes that prolly makes 8 bucks a hour lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

they use a processing center that has machines open the payment envelopes and process the payments automatically no human interaction is needed other then to load the envelopes in the machine.

on another note those that are in my position that have a corporate line though their employer but are still responsible for the bill will not be affected by this change. (this info came from a friend of mine who is a corporate store manager for Verizon wireless.)

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
they use a processing center that has machines open the payment envelopes and process the payments automatically no human interaction is needed other then to load the envelopes in the machine.

But doesn't someone have to read the check, input account numbers, etc?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Correct. It's an attempt to avoid paying those credit card fees. Which with as many customers as they have, probably add up to quite a tidy sum annually. Think 2%, but it could be higher. For 2010, based on service revenues of $55 billion, if all those were collected via credit card, that's ~$1 billion in processing fees.
How are the processing fees any different for a one time online payment vs a recurring online payment though? There isn't.

zacedward

Reaction score
Verizon scraping 2$ fee

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was a dumb fee in the first place, especially in this day and age.

SGeral09

Reaction score
Don't they already cover the cost of credit cards with the late fee charges...? I'm just saying...! Sounds like to me they just want more of a turn around profit.