Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

verizon-4g-lte-expensive-550x291.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but before I begin, I just want to say please, keep things civil in this thread. :D

According to an internal document obtained by Droid-Life, Verizon Wireless plans to star charging customers an additional $2 “convenience fee” for paying their cellphone bill whether online and/or through the phone.

verizon-2-fee1-550x416.jpg

verizon-2-fee3-550x232.jpg

The $2.00 fee doesn’t start until January 15th and according to Verizon Wireless, customers will be warned before the fee is assessed and given other payment options to avoid the $2.00 charge. If you don’t want to pay it you can use these other payment channels:
  • ACH (electronic check)
  • Pre-enrollment APO (Autopay)
  • Online from customer’s home banking service provider (online bill pay through your bank)
  • In-store using My Verizon Express, BPK or a store representative
  • VZW gift card, rebate card and friends and family referral rewards card
  • Paper checks and money orders mailed to Verizon Wireless remit address via USPS

How are all you taking this news? Is $2 a month — $24 a year — a small price to pay for good coverage and 4G LTE (when it’s working)
:blink:. Or will this be the final straw sending you to more affordable carriers with possibly less coverage?

Source: Droid-Life

captdroid

Reaction score
IMO not a good time to increase or add any new fee's in light of all the problems Verizon been having with their network. No where to run no where to hide. Verizon knows their competition. Will increased rates cause some to leave or go with another carrier? Sure. Does Verizon care? Nope.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What we can all do is require VZW to send us paper statements monthly, meaning opt out of paperless billing....that should get their attention....

The way I look at it is that I was doing them a favor by going paperless, now they want to do this idiocy??, well then they can send me a printed bill if they want a printed check from me...

All in all though I can easily just pay them thru my online banking, no worries...but it'd be funny if everyone all of a sudden demanded paper bill statements via USPS...lmao

Danielsan

Reaction score
Really isn't a big deal... you pay ACH by entering your checking account information into myverizon. Simple, don't use your credit/debit cards.

kparks

Reaction score
Really isn't a big deal... you pay ACH by entering your checking account information into myverizon. Simple, don't use your credit/debit cards.

I want my cash back rewards.. And i agree with above not a goot time to do this with constant nation wide outages..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rmart88

Reaction score
This hit me 3 times (well, kind of). I pay part of my Bill, my sister pay part of the bill, and my mom pays part of the bill. that's $6 they'd be getting from us. Looks Like Pay Pal it is, if only to transfer money amongst ourselves (My sister and I are both away at College so money is a little harder to give to each other) BOOOO on this

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow....really. I've only had a 4g device since the launch of the Nexus, but it's been a total disappointment at how often and how long 4g goes down. They should be crediting us back $2/mo for not rioting:D

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm on autopay so it won't affect me, but still a douchy move on Verizon's part. You should get a $2 credit for being paperless.

Snow02

Reaction score

Correct. It's an attempt to avoid paying those credit card fees. Which with as many customers as they have, probably add up to quite a tidy sum annually. Think 2%, but it could be higher. For 2010, based on service revenues of $55 billion, if all those were collected via credit card, that's ~$1 billion in processing fees.

There's some assumption in that figure, but you can see how it makes a substantial difference.

While I can't agree with a company currently making > 30% margin already on those kinds of numbers nickel and diming us over credit processing fees, I can't say I blame them. If there wasn't the ach option I'd have a big problem, but it is what it is. No more rewards points for me :(.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I am going to bill them at least $60 for no Data Coverage last month.. and I guess another $60 this month for Dropped Data.. I will call this an Inconvenience Fee.. They have inconvenienced the heck out of their customers.. And this is what they come up with. Big Red needs to learn to stop pissing on the customers and telling them it is Raining..

Snow02

Reaction score
I am going to bill them at least $60 for no Data Coverage last month.. and I guess another $60 this month for Dropped Data.. I will call this an Inconvenience Fee.. They have inconvenienced the heck out of their customers.. And this is what they come up with. Big Red needs to learn to stop pissing on the customers and telling them it is Raining..

But what if it's the most widely dispersed, fastest flowing rain around? You'll get out there and do your rain dance, that's what.
It's really not a huge deal. Always pay your bill on time (autopay) or use a checking account.

And they'll credit you $6 if you call regarding the outages. It's not $60, but whatever.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I already use the ACH option and I won't suffer worse coverage from other carriers - have experienced that. Being an optimist and in system engineering in an unrelated tech field, I believe that they will get the 4G bugs taken care of. Still annoying in the meantime, though.

Armyof2

Reaction score

verizon-4g-lte-expensive-550x291.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but before I begin, I just want to say please, keep things civil in this thread. :D

According to an internal document obtained by Droid-Life, Verizon Wireless plans to star charging customers an additional $2 “convenience fee” for paying their cellphone bill whether online and/or through the phone.

verizon-2-fee1-550x416.jpg

verizon-2-fee3-550x232.jpg

The $2.00 fee doesn’t start until January 15th and according to Verizon Wireless, customers will be warned before the fee is assessed and given other payment options to avoid the $2.00 charge. If you don’t want to pay it you can use these other payment channels:
  • ACH (electronic check)
  • Pre-enrollment APO (Autopay)
  • Online from customer’s home banking service provider (online bill pay through your bank)
  • In-store using My Verizon Express, BPK or a store representative
  • VZW gift card, rebate card and friends and family referral rewards card
  • Paper checks and money orders mailed to Verizon Wireless remit address via USPS

How are all you taking this news? Is $2 a month — $24 a year — a small price to pay for good coverage and 4G LTE (when it’s working)
:blink:. Or will this be the final straw sending you to more affordable carriers with possibly less coverage?

Source: Droid-Life

Can I charge them back for my 4g being down for 12 hours?

rherron

Reaction score
Let's see... They're doing about $25 Billion in revenue quarterly. Netted $3.26 Billion in income in Q1 thanks to the iPhone. But they need us to kick in a couple of extra bucks a month for helping them not have to mail us a paper bill?!?!

This doesn't impact me as my bill is automatically paid from my bank account, but I would love to see a national "Send Me a Paper Bill" movement, which I would opt for, to point out the stupidity of this move. If VZW doesn't think they're capable of Netflix-level stupidity they're wrong. Just do stuff like this, and keep having weekly, day-long 4G outages, and cap data, and see what happens. I like the phones. I don't care who the carrier is, per se. I'm interested in the best deal so long as the quality of the service is good. I used to feel VZW's service area was head-and-shoulders above the rest. Not so sure anymore. Certainly the gap is narrowing.

iPhone Helps Lift Verizon Quarterly Profit 42% | Fox Business

Last edited:

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Do what I do, when I don't have data I call them and complain and they credit my bill. I have two lines for two months and already have been credited $70. I pay for data and when I dont have it they pay.

Modded and hot rodded wait'n on a ROM