Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus Photos and Preview

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
View attachment 43192

Galaxy Nexus for Verizon Wireless hands-on photos and preview | The Verge

The phone was identical to the GSM variant that's been available for a few weeks in many ways, though it was thicker. Not terribly so — around a half millimeter, according to the official specs — but it's noticeable, particularly if you're coming from the GSM model as we were. Other than the size difference, the LTE version has 32GB of internal storage and two pieces of Verizon-branded software: My Verizon Mobile and VZ Backup Assistant. As advertised, they can both be disabled from Android 4.0's built-in app manager. Unfortunately, we couldn't test the speeds that LTE offered the device (there's no SIM card installed), though we did find an LTE toggle down in the network settings. Lastly, a quick peek behind the battery cover showed that things have been rearranged a bit — the SIM card slot is now on the left side.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Looks to me like that little hump on the back of the GSM version isnt as noticeable on the Verizon version due to the increase in size. like its making the back almost flat instead of having that noticeable bump....either way I cannot wait to get my hands on one

xxpigxx

Reaction score
Only thing I did not like was in the comments section:

"Google search bar on every [home] screen"

I understand the need for the bar, since there is no physical search button . . . but every screen is kind of overkill, IMO.

hyperdude

Reaction score
Only thing I did not like was in the comments section:

"Google search bar on every [home] screen"

I understand the need for the bar, since there is no physical search button . . . but every screen is kind of overkill, IMO.
It's "on every home screen" in the sense that it stays at the top when you swipe back and forth between screens - just like the bottom bar always does.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone will create an app and/or kernel to remove the search bar, wouldn't worry.

zathus

Reaction score
Someone will create an app and/or kernel to remove the search bar, wouldn't worry.

^^

And so many other tweaks its going to be epic! Think about this, the home, task manager and back keys are just PNG images tied to a command like any other. Were going to be able to change the way they look and what functions they do! SO EXCITED!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums