Verizon...what are you doing??

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
See my basically the most important criteria for my next phone is:

4 inch screen
Dual core

the D2 screen is too small for me now, I don't use the keyboard anymore, and ivd played with the DX the screen is too big. That's why I was so upset big red isn't getting the optimus 2x.

And that quadcore thing is ridiculous I hear it's gonna drop by Christmas but I heard on tablets...?

Liberated Droid II

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the fuss. LTE is new and the fastest data network out there. There are no such dual core devices on such a network as of yet. Maybe TMo, but I don't think the Atrix is even running on AT&T's 3.5G network yet.

And why do so many think the Atrix is better than the Bionic? Yeah, more ram and a gimmick Webtop feature, but no LTE. If not for LTE I'm sure we'd have the Bionic already.

Plus it comes back to a phone can't have all the latest features and still fit under that $200-$300 contract price point. So OEM's are picking and choosing features/hardware for different phones to try to have options that people value in those price ranges.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This is not a good sign. Check this out.

Wifes Droid took a dump on her.
She went to VZW Store. She is ONE week out of warranty. She got upset that they wouldn't help her. Just had her reset the phone.

She came home and the phone was acting up again.
She called Verizon. She got a very nice woman on the phone. She explained that she was fed up, the store employee was kind of a prick and she just wants out of the contract to take her number to someone else.
The VZW employee offered her an iPhone at the new contract price.
What?!?!?!
VZW allowed her to freely break her contract a full year early and sign a new one IF she got an iPhone.

Tell me which product VZW wants to push more?
iPhone arrived today.

/wierd sidenote: Checked the Motorola site and they say her Droid IS under warranty. It is in the mail to be fixed be them. Figure that out....

petjakob

Reaction score
my opinion on the above post is that oems can build some greater loyaltly for their brands by doing something like an endless warranty. really standing behind the equipment they've put together. o think they can't afford not to, anymore. same with vzw. they have to do whatever it takes to make sure a customer can get the network service they deserve as a paying customer. if that means offering another device and the customer is willing, its a good idea for the carrier to do so

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't even think it needs to be endless. Just last as long as your contract does. THAT would be a nice feature.
If she had a warranty that lasted for 2 years she would more then likely be loyal to Android for some time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...but Verizon got the Xoom, which is the first dual-core tablet.

They can't have EVERYTHING.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
This is not a good sign. Check this out.

Wifes Droid took a dump on her.
She went to VZW Store. She is ONE week out of warranty. She got upset that they wouldn't help her. Just had her reset the phone.

She came home and the phone was acting up again.
She called Verizon. She got a very nice woman on the phone. She explained that she was fed up, the store employee was kind of a prick and she just wants out of the contract to take her number to someone else.
The VZW employee offered her an iPhone at the new contract price.
What?!?!?!
VZW allowed her to freely break her contract a full year early and sign a new one IF she got an iPhone.

Tell me which product VZW wants to push more?
iPhone arrived today.

/wierd sidenote: Checked the Motorola site and they say her Droid IS under warranty. It is in the mail to be fixed be them. Figure that out....

She got mad lucky, I think Verizon is jus trying to clear up some of their iPhone stock maybe my dad might get one if he complains about his EnV 3 lol

Thing about tablets though most ppl gonna get the WiFi only model nobody wants to be locked in on a contract with both your phone AND now a tablet

Liberated Droid II

Reaction score
Verizon's never had the "cool" phones in the past. They had the Droid and I guess were pretty important for the Android revolution... But there's no reason to think they'd suddenly change and be on the cutting edge of cool phones all of a sudden.

But.. I don't know. There's not exactly a shortage of good phones.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AT&T did this when they were the sole iPhone distributor... they had sub par Android offerings.... it looks very clear that this will be the story for at least this year with Verizon.

Not that we don't have good offerings... but the 'dual-core' offerings won't be prevalent on VZW this year (other than the Bionic and later Atrix)... you'll see more on other carriers IMO.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
And now the tiered data plans are true, which verizon wants to roll out in the summer for 4g. I am at a loss of words for what Verizons trying to do.

Liberated Droid II

scottfree

Reaction score
It seems like the whole subsidized pricing is the big raquet. Seems like they make it pretty hard to buy new phones

sent from stock dx