Verizon update with foxfi

Tonik

Reaction score
I got mine to work this way last night......now I want to remove the lock screen and can't, how can I remove it without doing a factory reset?

Another option is to blow the unlock a bunch of times. It will ask you for your Gmail and password then unlock screen will be gone for good. That leaves the cert in place so foxfi can still encrypt your data.

alanbk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got the note 2, paid for FoxFi and still on an unlimited plan. I do not pay for hotspot. Foxfi is important to me. I just received the update notice last night. Before doing the update I did a quick check and saw there were issues. I have not done the update yet. The update sounds like it is well worth it, but not at the expense of losing Foxfi. This sounds promising. Should I go for the update?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got the note 2, paid for FoxFi and still on an unlimited plan. I do not pay for hotspot. Foxfi is important to me. I just received the update notice last night. Before doing the update I did a quick check and saw there were issues. I have not done the update yet. The update sounds like it is well worth it, but not at the expense of losing Foxfi. This sounds promising. Should I go for the update?

Yes you should be fine to update now. Just make sure that you follow the directions the next time you open up the foxfi app. This is assuming that you are on Verizon. If your not then I am not sure how it works on other networks

jimmya

Reaction score
How many times do you have to put the wrong pin in ....I'm up to 105 and still didn't work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many times do you have to put the wrong pin in ....I'm up to 105 and still didn't work.

I gave up at 30.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

alanbk

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Followed the instructions about cleaning the certificates. That did the trick. But had to set up foxfi again with the lock screen and everything. But this time i could turn off lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Uncle700

Reaction score
Had FoxFi before the update and it worked. After Verizon update and following FoxFi instruction activated, said yes to vpn and setup lock screen. Tried the not entering the pin wrong but all that it says after 5 miss tries is to wait 30 seconds before entering pin again. Now cannot turn off lock screen feature and Foxfi says it is working but does not show up for me to connect anything to. Any suggestions? Thanks.

alanbk

Reaction score
Candi.ultra.xgirl unless im out if the loop here Verizons last update for the note 2 was 4.3 which is not kitkat, 4.4 is kitkat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Uncle700

Reaction score
Foxfi did an update the other night and it now works, but still stuck with lock screen.