FoxFi Works On Verizon Again!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this..I don't get dragged down into this "debate".. But if i feel the need to ever do more than check my connection by having my son link to a device to check the bandwidth...I'll do so.. Both sides of this story have been beaten black n blue. So...I say this...get over it..people will do what they will do. As such..vzw has screwed more honest customers out of money in their stupid little cash grabs...than any of us could hope to " cheat them out of"... Also if you think vzw doesn't watch their back, you've got another thing coming..I have personally seen them boot people for using a terabyte of data. I'm lucky to use 10 gigs in a heavy month...

Also..what's the saying?? Oh..keep your eyes on your own paper..and I'm gonna deal with mine..

LOL. Dude, seriously, nobody tethers their kid's PS4 and tells them to go play games in order to "test the bandwidth"... not when you could use a free app made to do exactly what you are describing, and it is even called "Speed Test", just to make it easy to find it... ;-)

As for them booting someone for using a terabyte in a month, they should. That person is obviously abusing things and that is why they go rid of UDP in the first place. One of the reasons anyway. Yes, they are in business to make money. VZW is not a charity. But people using hundreds of GB a month, and a freakin TB, are what VZW uses to justify killing off UDP plans... Those people are clearly soaking up massive bandwidth tethering their damned homes and using it for an ISP.

That is not, nor was it ever the spirit of that service. People see "unlimited" and they see it the same way as an all you can eat buffet"... "Hey, I can bring in my entire family and friends and have them all eat for free on one price! Wait, after 3 years of abusing it, you are telling me no more? You are screwing me!?!"

LOL

Just sayin...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does that matter?? It's a good quick test for bandwidth.. Hook up to it and if it goes..good..disconnect..if not..its too slow..

That's a shoddy bandwidth test.

Testing your line by playing PS4 games will only tell you if is fast enough to tether a PS4 and play PS4 games... who are you trying to kid? haha

That will not tell you how it will perform streaming Pandora or reading your email or updating FB, using GPS and all the things you bought your phone for...

Come on man, we are not noobs here, you gotta admit that that is a pretty weak argument/excuse.

Do what you want, while you still can, but at least be honest about what you are doing, that's all I am saying.

I know that it is human nature to try and get something for free, so long as it is in the grey area and you can get away with it... Accept that though for what it is, and when they close the loophole that you are exploiting, don't pretend to be outraged that you are cut off.

Disappointed? Sure. But the feigned indignation and sense of entitlement from many folks... THAT is what I always respond to...

You and others are enjoying a perk, a loophole, something that you are enjoying but not paying for, and you haven't gotten kicked off yet for violating the terms of your contract, because so far it just hasn't been worth their time or the headache... But that won't last forever.

nalgon

Reaction score
LOL. Dude, seriously, nobody tethers their kid's PS4 and tells them to go play games in order to "test the bandwidth"... not when you could use a free app made to do exactly what you are describing, and it is even called "Speed Test", just to make it easy to find it... ;-)

As for them booting someone for using a terabyte in a month, they should. That person is obviously abusing things and that is why they go rid of UDP in the first place. One of the reasons anyway. Yes, they are in business to make money. VZW is not a charity. But people using hundreds of GB a month, and a freakin TB, are what VZW uses to justify killing off UDP plans... Those people are clearly soaking up massive bandwidth tethering their damned homes and using it for an ISP.

That is not, nor was it ever the spirit of that service. People see "unlimited" and they see it the same way as an all you can eat buffet"... "Hey, I can bring in my entire family and friends and have them all eat for free on one price! Wait, after 3 years of abusing it, you are telling me no more? You are screwing me!?!"

LOL

Just sayin...
Watch out!!! The internet police!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
One ..did i say he was playing for long periods at a time? Two, in all seriousness... What difference does it make to you in...what Ohio?? What I do in Southeast Texas...that's called being a busy body..and Three...who's to say that I don't pay for WiFi tethering through vzw on other lines..not perhaps just that one?? Many variables that you don't have the facts on. Now..we've heard your point up and down...and I'm telling you it's falling on deaf ears. Have a good day.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
One ..did i say he was playing for long periods at a time? Two, in all seriousness... What difference does it make to you in...what Ohio?? What I do in Southeast Texas...that's called being a busy body..and Three...who's to say that I don't pay for WiFi tethering through vzw on other lines..not perhaps just that one?? Many variables that you don't have the facts on. Now..we've heard your point up and down...and I'm telling you it's falling on deaf ears. Have a good day.

So, do you pay for Wifi tethering on your UDP line and do you tether anyway?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SquiresSCA, why are you so embroiled in this tethering, foxfi debate? You have expressed your opinion multiple times and we understand... you don't agree with the practice, it is in violation of the contract, they can find ways to circumvent it if they want, etc, etc. And for many different reasons, there are some with udp that will continue to find ways to tether. It is the way it is. There are far bigger and better world dilemmas to spend time on. FoxFi, tethering, Verizon's tos I would not be placing in the top ten issues to be overly concerned about.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Let me guess vzw employee or stockholder?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same reason I gave last time. Every time vzw cracks down on this, it annoys me to see all the people whining about it as if vzw owes them.

You are stealing, in essence. Enjoy it while you can, but man up and admit what you are doing, rather than cry and pretend that you are somehow the victim.

I don't care that you steal. I am not jealous that you steal. I can afford my plan and don't have to, but to each their own.

It's not about the stealing. It's about the whining when you get caught or told that you might not be able to steal any more, and you take the stance of a 4 year old who got caught in sneaking a cookie... Take your lumps and at least be honest...

If you guys can post your victim claims and whining every time this topic comes up, why can't I comment whth my thoughts?

Or is this just a one way street?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Someone who lost UDP and is crying about tos violations every chance they get because those of us with UDP can use it as we see fit.

I don't know. I still have UDP and tether as much and whenever I feel or need.

But I kind of agree with him - the whining and entitlement over VZW raising prices or threatening to take it away is annoying. It's a violation of the TOS no matter how people justify it. And for all the VZW hate that comes out in these threads, they've let us keep UDP and it's still a great deal or so many of us wouldn't still have it.

Tether away, just don't act entitled and indignant because you think VZW makes too much money. And VZW doesn't seem to care much, so no one here really should, either.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well, let's see.... at the time I'm writing this, there are 16 people who have contributed to 41 posts in this thread. You, SquiresSCA, have 9 posts out of 41. The other 15 people are responsible for the renaming 32 posts. That's an average of 2.1 posts per person. So, who is doing all the whining?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's the problem none of us act like we're entitled to have unlimited data plan

Reactions: cr6

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's the problem none of us act like we're entitled to have unlimited data plan

It will be interesting to see what happens with 5G or whatever it is....I'm plenty happy with 4G if I can keep my UDP.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Personally, I'm waiting for t-mobile or Sprint to expand their coverage where I live so I can tell vzw to take their unlimited data and stick it up their balance sheet.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I still have UDP and tether as much and whenever I feel or need.

But I kind of agree with him - the whining and entitlement over VZW raising prices or threatening to take it away is annoying. It's a violation of the TOS no matter how people justify it. And for all the VZW hate that comes out in these threads, they've let us keep UDP and it's still a great deal or so many of us wouldn't still have it.

Tether away, just don't act entitled and indignant because you think VZW makes too much money. And VZW doesn't seem to care much, so no one here really should, either.

And that's all that I am saying. It seems that we have at least one of these threads a week, and people keep pretending to either be surprised, or indignant that VZW might cut them off and keep them from continuing to steal from them.

It's not in VZW's best interest to let people have unlimited data and also include tethering for $30 a month, or even $50 a month. If you want to tether and use lots of extra data, especially the people firing up hot spots for their Xbox and use it as a home ISP, which people here do... Expect the gravy train to end at some point, and don't insult the readers by pretending that VZW is doing something wrong when they finally drop the hammer and stop you from stealing services from them...

To the guy that said, "Here in SE Texas, we call that a busy body"...

Granted. Question, what do you guys in SE Texas call taking something that you didn't pay for?

It's not about jealousy. We have a $350 monthly bill, and I will make enough to pay that bill tomorrow when I go to work. Before lunch time. It's not why I am posting this, trust me.

I just hate seeing the same stupid threads each week, and if you guys can continue to be surprised and angry, I can continue to call you guys out on it and tell you to man up...

Cheers...