Verizon to match Walmart price?

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Gravity has a little bit of a point though. Although said kinda in a D$#% way we shouldn't whine about $50. And yes not everybody has money and would love to save $50. I would too. But C'mon if you have NE2 that brings the phone down that $50 NEways. Or $100 if you are grandfathered in. Yeah the $149 deal is great but I would rather get my phone from Verizon anyway or BestBuy at least. $50 to me isn't worth the aggravation and time.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Papa.. I am personally not going to go thru the hassle of returning my phone and buying it again to save $50... They should, however offer a $50 refund say towards accessories to "match" what others are selling them for.. but to make 3 posts in total, all 3 in this thread and all to complain about people wanting to get $50 back.. seems kind of ridiculous that youre only coming on here to try to make other people feel like crap for wanting $50 back. Go troll somewhere else if that's the case. What he should have done is just started a new thread "Tired of hearing people cry about saving $50" and then at least the thread is about what he said. That's all I am saying. Hell, I realize now that by me replying to him, his purpose was served.. he most likely posted JUST to get a reaction like mine out of what he said. Go figure, I like to argue. lol.

texasPI

Reaction score
Verizon only charges a $35 restocking fee if you return your phone and choose a different one. If you return it straight up without switching to a different model, there is no restocking fee.

To clarify this a little...the restocking fee is really an exchange fee. If you return a device and get another within a 3 day period then the restocking fee applies. Not sure how this applies to returning to VZW and purchasing from a 3rd party...

OP
R

raydog153

Reaction score
Well since I posted this thought I would chime in. I did a bunch of homework before fri, many people said Best Buy would honer the NE2, I didn't see any other place saying they would carry the phone. I wanted it before I went to work and Best buy wasn't going to be open till 10. I would have gladly waited if I knew I would get an extra $50 off. So it kinda sticks that because I decided to go with Verizon I get stiffed, I should be teated better than the customers at none Verizon stores. No I am not a tighwad, but I could really use the money still, and if I did go back to verizon, I would complain, but if no luck I would just go home, not return the phone.

Main reason for posting was because I was wondering if anyone else even tried this as a Verizon store, and just trying to find out if it was even worth it to think about it let alone doit. Bestbuy and many other stores have price protection just for this reason.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Andjarnic. yeah I understand. And he did get what he wanted out of you. I get sucked in like that all the time. Much luck to you!

Zippster

Reaction score
So all the sheeple should just pay whatever and be happy? lmao, some of the opinions in this thread are the exact reason society is crap nowadays, people bend over and take it time and time again, its YOUR freakin money, fight for it or hand it out, its your choice. Dont let someone say your cheap because you want to pay the fair price that everyone else is paying, if down the road is $50 cheaper, match it, beat it or I go there, thats what smart shopping is all about.

kylep

Reaction score
I cannot believe that people are bickering over the price of this phone. With everything that it does? You no longer need to buy a GPS unit seperately from you phone. Seriously, people. It's more than worth the money, stop being a bunch of bickering tightasses.

that is so ignorant. if you can save money, why not do it? especially with they way things are, $50 can go a long way for many of us. just because $50 isn't that important to you, doesn't give you the right to insult people who value their money and are financially responsible.

spur

Reaction score
Price?

Yikes, I never thought about getting a lower price, too stupid to even think about it. My job was simply to be first in line to get one. Sat on my bike outside for three hours and got the first one sold here in podunk, wife showed up and got the next one. I was and am happy as hell about that. Going back for two more for my sons. I'm planning to go to the Verizon store to do it, can't handle Walmart. Maybe for a hundred bucks I should reconsider, but my sons are not eligible for upgrades yet, each having destroyed an Alltell phone within the last year and my local Verizon dude is going to upgrade them anyway.

jweber

Reaction score
Amazon has it for $149 as well incase you would perfer that over walmart... and you would save on sales tax too.:icon_ banana:

drdata

Reaction score
Walmart vs Verizon cost

There are independent retailers that are not connected with Verizon. Walmart and Bestbuy just to name two. They buy there phones at wholesale prices and sale to make a profit. Just like they do with DVD's, or groceries. I don't think this is any different than comparing prices of a printer from CDW or Walmart and the manufactures website. The manufactures website is always alot higher.

I tried buying my droid from best buy. It was not the cost factor, it was the extended warranty. Best Buy offers warranty for $10 per month. This includes unlimited claims, no deductable for accidental or not. It does not cover lost or stolen though. Verizon offers Total Equipment for $8 per month for lost or stolen but only 2 claims per year at $89 deductable.

... now if somebody would merge the two benefits together.