Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have two questions which I'd be thrilled if people could answer for me.

1. I have paired my Droid with my Pioneer car stereo via bluetooth. Within the stereo is an option for a contact list/address book and the option to import contacts from another device. When I go into this setting, it sits in a "receive" mode and I must then "push" my contacts from the phone onto the stereo. My iPhone could not do this and I was told the Droid could. When I downloaded an app to move files via BT, I was unable to find a contacts file or list or anything.

2. Using Dolphin or even the default browser, how can I import bookmarks from my PC? I've copied up an HTML file that was exported from my computer, but I can't find any way to import that into one of the Droid's browsers.

Thanks!

Can't help with #1 (but a few people have noted various problems with working with car head units via BT).

As for #2 do a search on market place there are a few bookmark programs that you can use. I tried two but they both will require you to export your bookmarks and then upload them to their server and the d/l via your browser on your phone. If this works for you they looked good. Personally I was hoping for something a little more "live" (like Opera has with Opera and Opera Mobile for WM phones).

adam715

Reaction score
Any news on the blue tooth voice dialing ability? Right now I can answer and end, and redial last number. I love the droid, but this over sight is annoying. Thanks in advance, and also thanks for your other trouble shoot techniques!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any news on the blue tooth voice dialing ability? Right now I can answer and end, and redial last number. I love the droid, but this over sight is annoying. Thanks in advance, and also thanks for your other trouble shoot techniques!

It's not an 'over sight' it is a known issue, or rather lacking feature that they have not yet been able to resolve. Don't look for it anytime soon but it do miss it and hope they get it resolved on the next OS upgrade (upgrade, not update, I don't believe it will be anything implemented in 2.* series ROMs, but hopefully I'm wrong).

jnd121

Reaction score
Speakerphone Echo

I've tried everything and the speakerphone still has a muffled echo on the person on the other end. Please, please, please can someone assist me with this??

jay2372

Reaction score
I posted earlier regarding my Dell Studio laptop not showing my Droid when it's connected. I hear the tones on the laptop, acknowledging a connected device but I can't seem to locate the device in "My Computer". I'm running Windows 7, does anyone have any tips? I've tried several different ports, no luck.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried everything and the speakerphone still has a muffled echo on the person on the other end. Please, please, please can someone assist me with this??

A few people have posted similar problems. To my knowledge with the exception of location issues I think a few were diagnosed as having bad mics. Though I think it may have something to do with the network (towers) as well. I occasionally get an echo or really cloudy/static connection but probably only 1/10 calls. One thing to check, did you do the "Improve call quality" fix as posted in the OP.

I posted earlier regarding my Dell Studio laptop not showing my Droid when it's connected. I hear the tones on the laptop, acknowledging a connected device but I can't seem to locate the device in "My Computer". I'm running Windows 7, does anyone have any tips? I've tried several different ports, no luck.

You have selected 'mount USB' on the phone correct (pull down the notification bar... have to ask, it's not known to many people that you have to do this)? It works fine for most people on Win7 so it's not an issue (least not a known one) with the OS. Double check you settings in any security/antivirus programs your using.

jay2372

Reaction score
I have "mounted" the phone. The weird thing is that I can take the mini sd card out of the phone, put it directly in the laptop (with an adpater) and that works fine. I'm able to transfer whatever I need. I would obviously like to avoid this step. I will check the firewalls.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have "mounted" the phone. The weird thing is that I can take the mini sd card out of the phone, put it directly in the laptop (with an adpater) and that works fine. I'm able to transfer whatever I need. I would obviously like to avoid this step. I will check the firewalls.

Interesting, sorry I'll defer to other to help you, but until then another route (that I use 99% of the time now) is to mount the SD card via wi-fi (if you have a wireless router):
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/5616-howto-wifi-mount-your-droid.html

Note: the program he uses for the ftp connection doesn't work on 64-bit systems, I use FileZilla instead and it works great. Hope this helps until you get the USB figured out.

bgkla

Reaction score
I subscribed (via My Verizon) for local movie and weather updates. Every night @ midnight I get 8 texts with current movie info and the local weather. I replied to the weather text and the movie texts with <STOP> and the weather text stopped. The movies keep coming. I did <STOP> again--they keep coming. I did <CANCEL> they keep coming. Now, my replies are rejected, and the texts don't show a phone number, only the first word in the movie title.

Help!!! How do I stop these texts???

Goto your MyVerizon home (overview)>select messaging (in the middle of the screen)>Select Alerts - then on the menu on the left select "manage alerts".
Note: this is via a computer (i.e. browser) doesn't look like you can do it via the phone.
I did that w/o results. The alert screen doesn't show me as having any alerts, and the there is no history of alerts, either. I know I have them because they pop up every night!

cgalbraith

Reaction score
Bluetooth connection drops

Using my previous phone (Verizon Motorola 9VM), it would connect to my car bluetooth and stay connected until I disconnected it.

The Droid will connect successfully and stay connected until you make a phone call. It stays connected thru the call, then a moment after hanging up, the connection drops. After a minute or so, the connection reestablishes itself. Problem is, I've been know to miss calls while the connection is "cycling". It's usable the way that it is, but would be much nicer if the connection were alway on.

This doesn't feel like a "defect", but more like a "design", perhaps to conserve battery life. Does anyone know if there's a setting that will prevent the bluetooth connection from dropping after a call is prevented?

I've tried the battery remove/safe mode start. The results are the same.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give! :)

tfn

Reaction score
droid memory allocation

I downloaded a 244KB PDF file, tried to open it & got: "Error. Not enough memory available to continue." My internal memory has 216MB available & SD card has 14.81GB available. What up?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Goto your MyVerizon home (overview)>select messaging (in the middle of the screen)>Select Alerts - then on the menu on the left select "manage alerts".
Note: this is via a computer (i.e. browser) doesn't look like you can do it via the phone.
I did that w/o results. The alert screen doesn't show me as having any alerts, and the there is no history of alerts, either. I know I have them because they pop up every night!

Hrm, think it's time to either call them or (better) go into a store. That way they can 'see' that you are getting the txts. The rep over the phone will probably think you're nuts, I don't know that I believe you:icon_ banana:, lol kidding.

Anyone else having problems with/on Verizon with spam txts and marketing calls? I kept our numbers and after switching to Verizon I'm now getting marketing calls and spam txts that I NEVER got when I was on AT&T. The numbers are the same and are registered on the Do Not Call registry. I this standard practice with VZW?

charliemae

Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is an easy one...when I try to open the browser it just opens up a blank screen. It shows the google address but that is it.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with/on Verizon with spam txts and marketing calls? I kept our numbers and after switching to Verizon I'm now getting marketing calls and spam txts that I NEVER got when I was on AT&T. The numbers are the same and are registered on the Do Not Call registry. I this standard practice with VZW?

I've gotten 1 spam text on my droid. I used to get them occasionally on my Dare, but never got them on my blackberry that I had between the dare and droid.

JGard

Reaction score
Question about Navigation and bluetooth...and I feel like a noob asking.

But I use my phone's BT when in my car and aside from not being able to sync contacts, it works flawlessly. I just started using the Droid as my navigation system, too.

Yesterday, as I was driving through an unfamiliar area and hit a detour to boot, I received a phone call. Answered it via BT on the stereo and the display of the phone when to a phone call display and eventually black. So long story short, aside from not answering phone calls, how the F do you get the nav system to stay on when talking on the phone via BT? I'm guessing you can't, but wow that was a real pain in the ass last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.