Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacs1214

Reaction score
Sending Pics

I took some pictures I am trying to send to my computer.
I have tried the 'share' button on the pics.. no photo arrived in my Inbox. So then I tried my email button but again no email arrived. Am I doing something wrong?
Also is there a 'sent' folder for texts or just the thread view?

Thanks for your help
Droid 'newb!

sammydee03

Reaction score
font size increase

I know that the question has been asked but I havent found any solutions yet. Do you know if there is a way to increase the overall font size of the phone? Specifically the problem that I am trying to solve is email, but if we could increase everything like you can on a Blackberry, that would be nice.

jay2372

Reaction score
Do I need to install any driver on my windows 7 laptop for it to allow me to transfer files? Right now I can only transfer files by removing the sd card and inserting it seperately. My laptop does show a motorola device connected, but I cant do anything with it.

ENOTTY

Reaction score
Do I need to install any driver on my windows 7 laptop for it to allow me to transfer files? Right now I can only transfer files by removing the sd card and inserting it seperately. My laptop does show a motorola device connected, but I cant do anything with it.
On the Droid, check the Notification area. There should be an entry that says "USB Connected, Tap to mount SD card" or something like that. Make sure that SD card is actually mounted. Then it should show up like a USB flash drive would in your My Computer.

lbhomie

Reaction score
This is so a n00b question but here it goes anyway... is the latest update ok to do? I did the update in early december and it wrecked my phone. :( literally had to get a new one. is 2.1 safe?

jay2372

Reaction score
On the Droid, check the Notification area. There should be an entry that says "USB Connected, Tap to mount SD card" or something like that. Make sure that SD card is actually mounted. Then it should show up like a USB flash drive would in your My Computer.

I did "mount" it, but it shows up as a device I can't open, "Motorola A855"

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is so a n00b question but here it goes anyway... is the latest update ok to do? I did the update in early december and it wrecked my phone. :( literally had to get a new one. is 2.1 safe?

There is no 2.1 update yet. You most be referring to the 2.0.1 and yes, it's safe. Though always keep in mind that ANY update will likely break some (if not several) of the apps if the developers haven't kept up.

big erick

Reaction score
I was wondering if theres a way to send an invite from the htc droid factory calendar? not an exchange, just for like adding another person I know. the motorola has this feature and blackberry also but I cant find this answer. Thanks....

bgkla

Reaction score
I subscribed (via My Verizon) for local movie and weather updates. Every night @ midnight I get 8 texts with current movie info and the local weather. I replied to the weather text and the movie texts with <STOP> and the weather text stopped. The movies keep coming. I did <STOP> again--they keep coming. I did <CANCEL> they keep coming. Now, my replies are rejected, and the texts don't show a phone number, only the first word in the movie title.

Help!!! How do I stop these texts???

Goto your MyVerizon home (overview)>select messaging (in the middle of the screen)>Select Alerts - then on the menu on the left select "manage alerts".
Note: this is via a computer (i.e. browser) doesn't look like you can do it via the phone.
Did that. There were no alerts shown, even in the history. I am stumped.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did that. There were no alerts shown, even in the history. I am stumped.

Thought I had responded to this... huh... It's time to go into a store or call them. I would say go to the store if possible that way you can SHOW them that you are getting the txts (as the CS person on the phone will likely be looking at the same thing you are, with the exception you can tell them to look at your actually SMS history). At any rate keep track of how many you have/are receiving that way you can get credit for them (if you need it).

bgkla

Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I will do. Appreciate your time and efforts!

bgkla

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
So I bought an accessory in the store today, and I realized I really don't want it. (car dock). Whats the restocking fee for accessories? Since I will probably return it tomorrow.

hhh007

Reaction score
A couple of newb questions please. Any idea why my phone has stopped saying Droid.......Droid upon powering it up? Also, I sent an email to my phone with an attachment of a 3 second soundtrack I'd like to use as the ringtone for my phone. How can I do this please? Thanks!

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
The Droid is not receiving sms text messages longer than 160 characters. Not even part of the message comes through. I've tried resetting my phone, *228, downloaded Handcent thinking the stock app just wouldn't push them through, but none of this had worked. Please help. The texts are coming from another verizon user. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.