Verizon Starts Rolling Out Lollipop to the Samsung Galaxy S4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s4-lollipop-verizon.png

Late yesterday the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 started to receive the Android 5.x Lollipop update. The build is LRX22C.I545VRUG0C1, and it should start pushing out OTA for folks within the next few days, assuming it hasn't already.

For the most part, this update just brings the usual Lollipop goodies, although Sammy has baked in a couple extras. For more of the details, hit up the source link below. In the mean-time, sound off in this thread as soon as you get the update!

Source: VZW

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Following this one to see what/if issues arise for users before I tell my fiance that she should go searching for this update. Interested to see how this older device does on lollipop. Of course, I guess the Note 3 is up and running on it and those were similar release dates.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha! Gotchya. Just want to know what to expect to prepare her for when she gets the upgrade. I taught her the value of doing an FDR with a major update when her Nexus 7 got lollipop, but I'm not sure if that will click this time without me bringing it up again...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Personally I would have her hold off on updating. If only to wait and see the issues others may experience.
It's been hit or miss on the S5. Some folks have experienced quite a few issues (even after an FDR) others have been happy with it.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've noticed that as well. Same thing with the Note 4. Though most of us have had a pleasant experience, some that didn't need an fdr right after the update have ended up having to do so later. I did mine right away as an excuse to get rid of things I didn't need and start fresh all around.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
So, I've edited my system's build info with the S5's model number to get the notification menu and multitasking UI of the S5. Does anyone know if I have to revert this before unrooting for the update to work successfully?

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
downloaded fine. gonna FDR, just because. Hate restoring everything, but better than encountering errors.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I've edited my system's build info with the S5's model number to get the notification menu and multitasking UI of the S5. Does anyone know if I have to revert this before unrooting for the update to work successfully?
I would revert, if nothing else, just for safety's sake...

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Just finished mine!! No major Hiccups!!! Smooth and Pretty!!!

Only hiccips were the play store had to udate Play services, and the settings crashed once to reset the New Menus.
Everything else appears fine! ;)

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
So how is it after fdr? battery life?

Hard to guage that right now. Just a pain trying get all stuff back on...apps, etc. Grown accustomed to it a few years back when I had the HTC Imagio...that thing was an FDR magnet. Getting use to the nuances of Lollipop.[/QUOTE]