Android 5.0 Lollipop Started Rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the UK

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

While it was only a week or so ago that the Android 5.0 Lollipop update started rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S5 in in Poland, Russia, Malaysia, and Spain, late last night it started rolling out to the UK version as well. The firmware for this update was still the older Android version 5.0 (LRX21T).

The most current build that is being worked on for most flagship devices is Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G), but it looks like Sammy decided to push this one out anyway. We fully expect them to add the 5.0.2 update later on down the line. For folks in the UK (or any of the above mentioned countries) there are a couple ways you can get your update.

If you want to update manually via Kies by connecting your device to your computer and use Samsung Kies 3. Alternatively, you can also download and install the firmware via FOTA, go to settings > system > about device > software update > update.

The video above is from SamMobile and shows off Android 5 on the Galaxy S5.

Source: Samsung rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop update to the Galaxy S5 in the UK SamMobile

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Taking their sweet time with it! Haha! But as I said in the thread about the first lollipop updates rolling out in those countries mentioned above, this gives me hope that we'll see it on the Note 4 before too much longer. And as much as I get a little jealous to see these updates hit other countries first, hopefully that means that they're making sure to iron out the kinks before pushing it out worldwide.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taking their sweet time with it! Haha! But as I said in the thread about the first lollipop updates rolling out in those countries mentioned above, this gives me hope that we'll see it on the Note 4 before too much longer. And as much as I get a little jealous to see these updates hit other countries first, hopefully that means that they're making sure to iron out the kinks before pushing it out worldwide.
I'd rather be last and get the bug free version than first and get the bug filled one.
Having a Tab since its inception I saw a couple of examples of how Samsung updates turned a great device into a picture frame until they pushed their fix, one even killing any Wi-Fi ability, thus ability to install the fix without Kies and a desktop.
Fwiw, my Verizon Note2 never has gotten 4.4 so I can still write to the sd card from aftermarket apps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4