Verizon Snap On Silicone Cover Review

hisself

Reaction score
Yeah, what GregV said! It is a real pain to have to hand carry the phone when I am trying to do other things. I NEED a holster. Going to go bug the Verizon store, or better yet, Wal-Mart and see what holsters will fit.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I have this case on my Droid now. And have to agree about the crowded top row of keys on the slider keyboard, now I don't even use the slider keyboard though.

Found out today, that our cases cover a second background noise sensing mic in the Droid, below is a picture of a differnt case with the proper hole:

Where is this second mic hole? I looked in the back of my Droid and I don't see anything. :confused:

yeah.... i thought i was missing something about a second mic hole, but i just took a look and couldnt find anything. all i found was the little tiny slot under the back, menue home, and search buttons when the keyboard slider is closed. is that what ur refering to?

That whole "under" the home-keys (on the chin/lip) is the primary mic (i.e. the voice mic). The second mic is easily overlooked (as Seidio found out). If look at your phone on the back side, just below and to the right (towards center) of the mic plug there is a small.... indention (for lack of a better word). That is the input for the second mic. Many people (myself included) that complain about "echoing" in calls are covering this in some fashion (I was covering it, unknowningly with my finger before I got the case that slightly changed how I held the phone, NO more echo). As I mentioned, the early Seidio cases forgot to include this whole and the call quality was effected. A lot of people overlook it which is why I am/was concerned that these custom cases do not. I will not be happy if I have to dremel a $60 case.

You can see the location better on this image:
CSR2MTDD-GY-5.jpg

I have this case and love it.. Had my Droid with this case from launch day. I have not noticed any echo in my calls.. I am curious of this second mic though. Despite your best efforts I still cannot locate this second mic....could you circle it in the pic?

Met-Droid

Reaction score
I have this case on my Droid now. And have to agree about the crowded top row of keys on the slider keyboard, now I don't even use the slider keyboard though.

Found out today, that our cases cover a second background noise sensing mic in the Droid, below is a picture of a differnt case with the proper hole:

That whole "under" the home-keys (on the chin/lip) is the primary mic (i.e. the voice mic). The second mic is easily overlooked (as Seidio found out). If look at your phone on the back side, just below and to the right (towards center) of the mic plug there is a small.... indention (for lack of a better word). That is the input for the second mic. Many people (myself included) that complain about "echoing" in calls are covering this in some fashion (I was covering it, unknowningly with my finger before I got the case that slightly changed how I held the phone, NO more echo). As I mentioned, the early Seidio cases forgot to include this whole and the call quality was effected. A lot of people overlook it which is why I am/was concerned that these custom cases do not. I will not be happy if I have to dremel a $60 case.

You can see the location better on this image:
CSR2MTDD-GY-5.jpg

I have this case and love it.. Had my Droid with this case from launch day. I have not noticed any echo in my calls.. I am curious of this second mic though. Despite your best efforts I still cannot locate this second mic....could you circle it in the pic?

I just took off my case and was looking for that secondary mic as well. I have no idea what you're talking about. Circling the mic on the phone would be a help.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I too looked and looked and could not find the second mic until you posted that picture. Both my husband and I have the Body Glove cover and have no problems with echos. We love our cases. But the overall quality of the phone calls on the Droid sucks no matter what mics you have covered or uncovered. I do think the quality has gotten a little better since the 2.1 update but not much.

Thats my opinion.