Verizon Snap On Silicone Cover Review

gruve

Reaction score
Bought this about a week or so ago. I like it as it adds more texture to the body of the phone so it's not so slippery, especially if you're using your head and shoulder to hold the phone to your ear. What I don't like is when you slide the keyboard out, the top row of keys are a bit crowded due to the cover. I have bigger fingers. Also, a lot of lent gets caught on it which I don't really care for, but it does fall off.. not like it's sticking.

There aren't alot of cases on the market yet. I was hoping to find a silicone gel case like they have for the iphone, but that is out of the question due to the slide keyboard. If you need to pull the battery, it's a royal pain in the butt as the case isn't very easy to get off.

All in all, it does what it's meant to- protect your phone, give you grip and durability. :motdroidvert:

mot_droid_sil_cov_black.png

xliderider

Reaction score
I have this case on my Droid now. And have to agree about the crowded top row of keys on the slider keyboard, now I don't even use the slider keyboard though.

Found out today, that our cases cover a second background noise sensing mic in the Droid, below is a picture of a differnt case with the proper hole:

Where is this second mic hole? I looked in the back of my Droid and I don't see anything. :confused:

Where is this second mic hole? I looked in the back of my Droid and I don't see anything. :confused:

yeah.... i thought i was missing something about a second mic hole, but i just took a look and couldnt find anything. all i found was the little tiny slot under the back, menue home, and search buttons when the keyboard slider is closed. is that what ur refering to?

That whole "under" the home-keys (on the chin/lip) is the primary mic (i.e. the voice mic). The second mic is easily overlooked (as Seidio found out). If look at your phone on the back side, just below and to the right (towards center) of the mic plug there is a small.... indention (for lack of a better word). That is the input for the second mic. Many people (myself included) that complain about "echoing" in calls are covering this in some fashion (I was covering it, unknowningly with my finger before I got the case that slightly changed how I held the phone, NO more echo). As I mentioned, the early Seidio cases forgot to include this whole and the call quality was effected. A lot of people overlook it which is why I am/was concerned that these custom cases do not. I will not be happy if I have to dremel a $60 case.

You can see the location better on this image:
CSR2MTDD-GY-5.jpg

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
I haven't had anyway say the call has been echoing yet. Good to know though.

iPirate

Reaction score
I didnt know about the second mic, will Verizon take the case I purchased a while ago back? I got it over 30 days ago but there is no damage...

:(

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i have the shell/holster combo that i never used. i also just got the clear snap on case from VZW.com for $10 (50% off)

the only thing i dont like is the inability to use the car/media dock with the case on

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
i have the shell/holster combo that i never used. i also just got the clear snap on case from VZW.com for $10 (50% off)

the only thing i dont like is the inability to use the car/media dock with the case on

Taking the case off isn't the easiest either for this one.

xliderider

Reaction score

Taking the case off isn't the easiest either for this one.

I do it all the time to use the car dock, just pry from the bottom corner on either side of the center clip. I only remove the bottom cover.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I have no complaints with mine. I love it. It comes off fairly simple I think for the car/media dock. No problems at all

bigthinker

Reaction score
I have this same cover and like it when I need some extra protection.:motdroidvert:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how is that case as far as strength. I contacted otterbox about making an otterbox defender and got stoned. Guess in their eyes still not as important as the iphone, pre, or blackberries, or just hard to make one for a phone with a slider keyboard.

EARL97850

Reaction score
I have had the case for several weeks now and no complaints.

Cya

m21knight

Reaction score
Im all about going nekid...actually I guess half nekid, I have a screen protector.:icon_ banana:

palmenta

Reaction score
I bought a combo pack from VZ store that had a very similar snap on case, and a car mount that you could mount the case on, via the standard belt clip piece.

Just as a friendly warning to those on the thread shopping for a case, don't confuse this case, which looks fine, with the one I got in the combo pack, because it had a thin film on it, to soften the feel, which immediately began peeling off. Took it back in less than a week.

GregoryV

Reaction score
Holster for the VZW silicon case

I too like the protection the VZW case provides, but would also like to know what holster works with this case. I hate walking around with it in my back pocket and possibly forgetting about it and sitting down. I miss calls cause I leave it in the house instead of pocketing it. A good holster is what I need
Thanks, GregV